Part List - Pultec EQP-1 Stereo

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotbaby

Hey @ll nice DIYer,

Im going to build a Pultec EQP-1 Stereo (PCBs and Cover @ Purusha)
As Newbie it is not easy finding the right parts. I have several things to attent finding the parts
that is not quoted in the Part List.
Especially

- Voltages and
- explicit identification of parts which would avoid mispurchases in size or voltage...

WIMA MKS-2 or WIMA MKS-4 (Metalized Polyester) all Parts are for 1. channel.

1uF   1  (Voltage?MKS-2?MKS4?....)
2.2uF 1 
470nF 1 
330nF 1 
220nF 1 
100nF 5   
68nF  2 
47nF  2   
33nF  2 
22nF  4   
15nF  2 
10nF  6 
4.7nF 5 
3.3nF 2
1.5nF 3

POTs (Potentiometer)

10K LOG LOW BOOST
100K LOG LF CUT
10K LIN HI BOOST
5K LIN HI BW
1K LIN HI CUT

LORLINS (Rotary Switches)

4 x 1x12 (or grayhill 1x12)

RESISTORS

1 x 75R
2 x 1K
1 x 10K

I would thank you so much for sharing knowledge.

Hello

You probably don't want to hear that but i really think you should take your time and start learning to do this on your own.
I really think that anybody who tackles with a tube project should easily be able to come up with a parts list for the project on his own.
That's really a basic "skill". Even more since your project doesn't use any obscure and rare/unavailable parts.
When i came here (actually to the old place) i really did nothing but read for a couple of weeks before i started a small ic-based mic preamp.
I spent well over a year here before i even considered starting on a tube project.
Knowing which parts to buy is a basic skill as prober soldering for those projects. So better start learning. It will benefit you in the long run and you
might learn so much more on the way.

Flo

Hi Flo, i can understand your argument well.
dont understand me wrong. Im reading here since some weeks very intensiv and i learned very much and quick. I did a Part List for my two Projects in excel which includes every part and where i can buy it.
I have my own part list complete but i saw, for example, WIMAs have very different sizes in different voltages and im angry buying to large ones which doesnt sit right on the pcb. I´m willing to start the project as soon as the pcbs will arrive. if i had it now it would be more easy to me ( i could measuring the spaces ).
If anybody have a part list with voltages and exact type descriptions, i could begin shopping the parts..

I suggest that you wait till you have the pcb's so you can meassure lead spacing.

You already know what voltage these caps should be as PRR answered this earlier in one of YOUR threads..

PRR said:
In the Pultec passive filter, the caps must be able to take 10V.

And all the caps should be "film" (or oiled paper, but that's very old-tech).

The thinnest plastic film can take 50V, and many types are not offered in any less than 250V or even 600V.

Get the right value of capacitance, and a size/shape which fits. Be sure it is rated for more than 10V, actually 50V.... if you are looking at "16V", it is probably an Electrolytic which is cheaper but not the best choice for a passive EQ.

The wima website has all info you'll need to know to order the right caps

http://www.wima.com/EN/products.htm

Also......don't hurry...take your time. DIY = slow

Back