Computer Virus....System Cleaner

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluebird

I was just having problems with the Sasser*worm and Spy*bot infecting my computer.

I know I should have anti-virus but I don't so somehow I found this system cleaner from Trend Micro:

http://www.trendmicro.com/download/dcs.asp

I downloaded the "If you are not a Trend Micro customer" version.

I then downloaded the latest pattern file on the home page. You have to put this file in the same folder as the system cleaner file. turn off system restor Then run the system cleaner.

It worked really well for me. So if you are having problems you might want to check this out.

Oh, and I'm not responsible for your computer turning into a giant ball of fire.:shock:

yea but then it would take and hour just to load the home page for group DIY :green:

But seriously, you have a point there. Maybe some day I'll get smart and run Linux

[quote author="asm"]another solution is to use a mac, and not ever have the chance to get viruses in the first place. :green:[/quote]
or open VMS DEC ALPHA mainframe ?
I love to make work for it.
And I can read worm sourcecodes :)

xvlk

If you continue to use a PC (most of us do :grin: ) then a good idea is not to use Internet Explorer, this leaves you open to a lot more bugs and pop-ups etc... try Mozilla Firefox, quick to render, secure and tabbed...

Justin

[quote author="bluebird"]yea but then it would take and hour just to load the home page for group DIY[/quote]

Errr... Not to start a Mac vs. PC war or anything, but my 3 year old dual 533MHz G4 running Safari on Jaguar loads websites at the very least at the same speed as my brand new 2GHz XP laptop... Most of the time it's at least twice as fast!

Just keeping it real.

Peace,
Al.

I HAVE been using Mozilla. I seemed to get a worm transfered through Kazaa but I don't even use Kazaa

living in the modern age...

Al, I was just joking. I love macs too.:razz:

[quote author="alk509"][quote author="bluebird"]yea but then it would take and hour just to load the home page for group DIY[/quote]

Errr... Not to start a Mac vs. PC war or anything, but my 3 year old dual 533MHz G4 running Safari on Jaguar loads websites at the very least at the same speed as my brand new 2GHz XP laptop... Most of the time it's at least twice as fast!

Just keeping it real.

Peace,
Al.[/quote]

My old pentium 2 loads my webpages at the same speed as my new computer. The internet connection is by far the slowest link here.

Speaking of it, I am now living in the UK but I am from sweden. In the UK 0.5 Mbit is considered broadband, in sweden most flats in the cities have 10mBit installed as standard, and you can get 28mBit if you live central, all cheaper than my british 0.5 line. And now I heard that they are releasing 100mBit. Why are they slow on releasing the new speeds in some countries? The technology is obviously out there.

Well, a bit OT, but it just annoys me, sorry :oops: . Anyway, adaware and spybot is great for spyware and worms and it is free (it catches a lot of things norton doesn't).

Robert

Back