Indian cooking videos

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
huh???

-Did somebody rattle my cage???

I just posted a (fairly easy) Chicken Tikka Masala recipe over at prosoundweb... These youtube videos look very informative. although I have to say that I looked at the tikka masala video, and it looks all wrong in the end... far too watery, and not rich or creamy whatsoever...

This one looks better, although it lacks cashew or almond, either one of which I prefer in my own versions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0HzJ0S9_GE

Rochey has actually even sampled some of my own made-from-scratch Indian cooking in the past... -Ill leave him to describe to you the sort of stuff which I like to make. -If I recall correctly, I made 'Murgh Shahi Korma' which is a sweet dish made with cream, almonds, cloves and a tiny amount of other spices, just to enrich the flavour.

I too love Butter chicken, and in fact the better of the local restaurants here makes the two dishes almost identically... certainly there's a certain 'convergence' betweem the two recipes in many of the restaurants which I like!

Keith

SSLtech said:
Rochey has actually even sampled some of my own made-from-scratch Indian cooking in the past... -Ill leave him to describe to you the sort of stuff which I like to make.

Nom Nom Nom

yes - very nice (he says, hoping that it's convincing enough to hold expat audio together  :D)

In all seriosness... I'm very jelous of Keiths Indian cooking skills. Everything is made from scratch... not my style of indian cooking which is:
Get Jar of sauce from "The british emporium", add chicken, onions, red peppers and Garlic.
Then cook some basmati.

However, we did try to make our own Naan the other day. It was okay, but nothing like the Indian takeaway back home.

/R

NewYorkDave said:
Rochey, I still laugh when I think about our dinner in New York. Wasn't that place awful?  :D

It wasn't so bad that it really sticks in my memory. However, I do remember having a few beers that night.
strangely followed by some icy milk mix.

Rochey said:
NewYorkDave said:
Rochey, I still laugh when I think about our dinner in New York. Wasn't that place awful?  :D

It wasn't so bad that it really sticks in my memory. However, I do remember having a few beers that night.
strangely followed by some icy milk mix.
The food was fine by me... but the service really WAS terrible.

Egg-creams. -Mmmmm! -Now all we need to in order to 'complete the trifecta' is mention Knishes.

Oops... -I think I just did!  ;D

Keef

Latest posts

Back