My 1272 finally completed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BladeSG

This is the first time I've posted up pics of something I've built, mostly because I haven't 100% finished anything else. But...... with a front panel I sourced from Dan (thanks again, it looks great and it was cheap!), I've managed to get one completely done. No real issues to sort out with this build except for a 5K Log pot on the second channel that didn't function correctly. This thing sounds friggin' awesome and I now know why they're a popular build here.

I used the IO transformers from the GB (VTB2168/9), the Awesome switch and Joe's Go Betweens, DI and PSU

I just want to make mention of a few guys who helped with information and parts sourcing including Tim (best mate), Joel, Mako, Joe Malone, Dave (Awesome Switch) and to anybody who contributed anything to the many threads containing information on the project, this place is the BEST.

Anyhow the pics....
1272_1.jpg

1272_2.jpg

1272_3.jpg

1272_4.jpg

1272_5.jpg

1272_6.jpg

Great Build  ;D Amazing how you squashed it all in there!!! :eek:

Good way of sheilding the transformers as well, How deep is that case? Doesn't look too deep from here?

Thanks guys

It's a 1U Rack with 38mm inside height so there isn't a problem with the toroid or the output transformers on their side.

Kingston said:
you shielded the transformers areas with those corner bars. What metal are they, steel? Seem to be quite heavy duty.

It's just 3mm aluminium, done like this more so to have something to mount the edge connectors, I/O transformers and the 4700uF cap to. The whole frame makes the bottom of the case which is 1mm steel alot more rigid.

I added extra bolts to chassis in the underside to help cope with the sheer weight of those output tranny's and toroid. This thing weighs quite alot!!

Back