jensen 918

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobiesound

Hiya folks,

i've recently started building stuff using doa's. And having come across a few layouts for the melcor, 2*5*2*0, 990 etc. i couldn't find a layout for the 918 (at least not in 2*5*2*0 footprint. Now since the docs on this doa are openly available (on the sg-acoustics website (excellent site samuel!!!)) as opposed to the docs on the melcor and the 2520 for which i still have hard time finding out how to stuff those pcb's because of all the variations.

so in my search for a simple doa with readily available parts and good solid documentation i'm wondering if it's worth it to make a pcb layout for a diy 918. Since i have no experience with this opamp i would like to know 2 things:

1#
how does it relate sound-wise to a 2*5*2*0, melcor or 990 etc.

2#
if i were to have some double side 2*5*2*0 footprint jensen 918 pcb's fabricated would anyone be interested.

greetings,

Thomas

hiya,

yeah i've already got a few of those boards/kits but since i don't want to spend too much on lm394h 's in addition to having boards made for additional 990's i could just as well buy them from john hardy ready made.  All the 990 kits/pcb's i know of are sold out.

The main reason for trying to make a 918 in 2*5*2*0 footprint is just curiosity and if it's feasible cost effectivness.

hiya ptown,

i think that's great news, they'll probably be 35/40 dollar each right? (last few i bought were 15 euro including pcb, ferrite, and transistors for 15 euro (an lm394h already costs me 15 euro)) ? i will definitely buy some. But then again i will also try to finish my pcb for the 918.

greetings,

Thomas

Latest posts

Back