!!!MOVED TO 9K THREAD!!!Having a problem with one of my SSL9Kpre's

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

signalflow

Built up my 8 channel rack this past summer and all but one channel work great!  I was hoping I could explain the problem and what I've done so far and maybe someone could point me in a direction that my brain won't go on it's own.

Ok here goes.

When it was finished the channel was intermittent on output so I made sure that my output connection was not shorting out on anything and it wasn't. 
  Then moved to make sure the input was not doing the same thing, and it wasn't. 
  I then disconnected the channel from one side of the balancing board and connected it to the other side with the same result, NO OUTPUT!

I have since removed the pre from the enclosure to be able to work on it easier.  I have checked all of the DC on all of the IC pins against a known working channel and they all correspond, give or take.

I have also gone as far as pulling some of the caps to make sure they were giving out their correct values and all have checked out so far.

I will say on my IC 29 & 22 on pins 2,3 I read an average of 12.36Vdc on both the good and bad channel where as the rest of the IC's read 0Vdc on the same pins.  This confuses me, and I'm sure if I knew slightly more than i did i would understand why.

Anyway, if you have a theory or suggestion I would greatly appreciate the help.

Oh, I don't have a scope, and apparently no one in this damn city has one, so I won't be able to do anything thing that requires one.

Thanks in advance,

Casey
(Signalflow)

Back