Anyone provide any sort of info on the concept/theory behind "D-Drum" Module??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENS Audio

Only knowing that the Swedes came up with (to my understanding) one of the first and only Analog Drum Sample Modules aka. "D-Drum", if anyone can post either a schematic/circuit on a particular design "D-Drum" Module, would make me a very happy Panda. ;D

Thanks,

Hey ... no .... plenty of others, Simmonds SDX etc etc ...
They ( Clavia ) just made a very VERY good one, 8 x midi notes per pad ( and samples ) gave
8 x 127 velocity possibilities, so they can be quite realistic to play and VERY dynamic !
MIDI editing is a PITA though, as every drum has 8 x notes to look at !!
They also made them "rock solid" so that touring with systems is pretty much 100% reliable.

D-Drum III was one of the best systems every made.

..... I have no technical data though .... sorry.

MM.

MartyMart said:
Hey ... no .... plenty of others, Simmonds SDX etc etc ...
They ( Clavia ) just made a very VERY good one, 8 x midi notes per pad ( and samples ) gave
8 x 127 velocity possibilities, so they can be quite realistic to play and VERY dynamic !
MIDI editing is a PITA though, as every drum has 8 x notes to look at !!
They also made them "rock solid" so that touring with systems is pretty much 100% reliable.

D-Drum III was one of the best systems every made.

..... I have no technical data though .... sorry.

MM.

Well being that I've been playing drums for awhile now and working in music retail back in my "early days" to where now I am learning more about electronics and programming, I've felt when the time is right to start working on designs for building the "Ultimate" Drum Module!!!!  With all the modules out there and all the little "imperfections" it makes me wonder if those to whom designed these things are even music geeks to begin with?? ;D

Back