O/T..anyone using Amplitube

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caps

I posted this here because it's strange, but I cant find any users or user groups for Amplitube. I have used alot of amp sim. devices and this is by far and away the best. So, just wondering if anyone else uses it and has some opinions on it and/or links to user groups. thanx :0)

I don't know of any user groups either but I've used it a few times. I agree that it's far and away the best amp sim out there. It's great for killing drums too! :green:

another vote for amplitube here.
always use it when something needs to be wrecked and time doesn't allow for kranky experiments with f#*$ed up guitar amps.

I also like the included stomp boxes..

michael

Amplitude is a pretty cool plugin, but I'm really holding my breath for the new NI Guitar Rig to be released this summmer. NI plugins are some of the best vsti's IMHO.

Chris

[quote author="mig27"]another vote for amplitube here.
always use it when something needs to be wrecked and time doesn't allow for kranky experiments with f#*$ed up guitar amps.

I also like the included stomp boxes..

michael[/quote]

Yeah, stomp boxes really surprised me! Sound great. :0)

and amplitude is fun on a vocal track too!

works with everything 'turned down' and it just kinda brings a vocal out a bit.
Or cranked as an effect with like a tinny radio mic, telephone mic, or megaphone. fun.

I find I can get great clean sounds from it quite easily, but I am having a hard time getting a decent heavy distorted sound. I can get close to something I am happy with, but even with EQ, there seems to be a certain fizziness I cant get rid of...

The times I've used it, I quikly realized that proper DI makes all the difference. I still think I prefer AmpFarm, but Amplitube is very cost effective. All sims sound kinda honky to me though.

Couldnt agree more. The difference between amplitude using my DBX starved plate cheapo thing and my Class A valve pre is enormous. :0)

[quote author="caps"]I find I can get great clean sounds from it quite easily, but I am having a hard time getting a decent heavy distorted sound. I can get close to something I am happy with, but even with EQ, there seems to be a certain fizziness I cant get rid of...[/quote]

I tried out a demo and thought the same thing.....too fizzy sounding for distorted guitar sounds (like DI from a distortion box). I didn't like it.

Any other amp sim programs for the PC that anyone can recommend. I really love amplitude, but I just cant get a heavy distorted sound that works. Any other suggestions....

Damn apartment living! :0)

Try inserting an EQ after it to dial out the fizz. The TLA EQ-1 is cool and the Waves REQ would work great as well. I agree that the DI has a lot to do with the end result. I always get good results from a combination of Amplitube with my Hughes & Kettner Tubeman or my Line6 Pod as the front-end DI. (The Pod is pretty freakin' noisy though!) If you get the signal a little gainy on the front-end, you can use Amplitube to push it over the top and it sounds much more natural...

Very cool plug this. I love the AC30 model, very funky indeed.

If anyone wants a whole lot of presets, I can email them to you's!

PM me :cool:

Hi Blade, I have sent you a PM.

I also have gotten some great sounds from the AC30, love it. I cant get the same joy from the JCM800 sims ans the heavier type models. I have a JCM800 and I dont expect to get the sound identically like it, but that dam fizz is really annoying, and EQ only goes so far in getting rid of it. How do you go on distorted sounds, if you use them? :0-)

[quote author="caps"]I really love amplitude, but I just cant get a heavy distorted sound that works. Any other suggestions....

Damn apartment living![/quote]

http://www.amptone.com/demeterssc1.htm

[quote author="caps"]Hi Blade, I have sent you a PM.

I also have gotten some great sounds from the AC30, love it. I cant get the same joy from the JCM800 sims ans the heavier type models. I have a JCM800 and I dont expect to get the sound identically like it, but that dam fizz is really annoying, and EQ only goes so far in getting rid of it. How do you go on distorted sounds, if you use them? :0-)[/quote]

For full distored sound's I'll usually use Waves Audio Track PlugIn alongside Amplitube, or even double the track up and compress crap out of one 'em and then blend the two back together.

Latest posts

Back