API mod help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvvi

Hello,

ok so im new to modding things but i bought a 575 to mod so that the pins are in the new 500 standard. I opened up the 575 and saw this, dose it already have the mod? if not what do i need to do.

IMG_0490.jpg

I won't plug it in a lunchbox.
You'll see that the edac connector is misaligned since the pcb is mounted on the other side of the module.
I think that the oscillator were made to fit api consoles, not the lunchbox, even if "probably" they share the same pinout.

Yes but it would be right in the 11 space rack. so is the mod those wires or is that normal

I have absolutely no experience with original API stuff, but it doesn't look like something they would not do. Did you get a schematic with this?

no, and the guy i bought it from had no idea about it. I to thought that API would not do something that looks like that, because it deals with pin 15 i thought that maybe someone did the mod. i have e-mailed api about info. if it wont work i got some parts...

The picture shows the 575 as it actual is wired. Pin 15 or 'S' as it's described in the schematic, is the direct out pre transformer.
I've uploaded JPG's of the manual to [email protected].

I've not tried it in a 500 series rack, and as Neeno says, the pcb is upside down re a 550 EQ. However the pinout has been adjusted to be correct. (if you see what I mean...) So it will work if the 500 rack lets the card go in mechanically.

thank you that is what i thought, i too looked at the old pin layout. im just new to this and dont know what it looks like. sucks too because thats why i bought it was to do that! o well...

Hello guys

I don't want to start a new topic, and I hate reviving old ones, but I'll probably get a 575 oscillator and I can't find anything about it. Does anyone have a copy of the manual posted years ago?

Thank you very much!

Hello guys

I don't want to start a new topic, and I hate reviving old ones, but I'll probably get a 575 oscillator and I can't find anything about it. Does anyone have a copy of the manual posted years ago?

Thank you very much!
Hi guys,
I was doing some research and I ended up on this thread. I'm looking for a 575 oscillator for home lab purposes, if any of you know where to find one, I would be grateful for any helping hand. I'm located in France.
best,
ponko

Hello Ponko,

Are you looking for a small very basic oscillator or especially for an API 575? I still have mine and sometimes use it, working as a 2520 tester!

Hey there, in fact, it's not that different than other classic oscillators but the 575 is in the traditional vibes of what I'm doing. That's why I need it specifically ! Happy to dig out an equivalent replacement tester for your use;)

ponko

Hello Ponko,

Are you looking for a small very basic oscillator or especially for an API 575? I still have mine and sometimes use it, working as a 2520 tester!
Hi Psych, any chance you got schematics or manuals for the oscillator? Cheers

Latest posts

Back