2 Twins are born

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluzzi

Its been a long time comin'

2 left ones are MP-2 Great Rivers and 2 right ones are EZ1290. The meter is not hooked yet as it needs a buffer circuit. Still getting a slight buzz on Neves when using 48v phantom and condensor mike, otherwise there is gain applenty on those. The MP-2 are clean and smooth almost as silky as my John Hardy M1.

Front panel was done in Illustrator and lazer engraved locally on blue anodized aluminum. I used Lundhal for input and Cinemag for output on the MP-2 ones and Carnhill compliments of Audio Maintenance. The DI on the NEVE is from JLM. 3nity moved the power supply to an outside case.

Thanks to 3nity for finishing up the final touches on these, without him I would still have a case full of components just sitting there. Thanks to Greg and Dan Kennedy for the MP-2. Madrianse's EZ1290 is going to become my favourite preamp I think! Thanks Madrianse for your fantastic contribution.

Front
front.jpg

Insides (the neat wiring is 3nity's the messy ones are mine!)
Inside1.jpg

Inside2.jpg

Looks great, very original DIY I like it! The switchable metering is a pretty cool little touch. Can't wait to finish up my 4x 1290s!

Warning:::::::::Those preamps were taking from me by strenght...i do not wanted to let them go!!!:::::::::Warning

Addictive stuff here  ;D

Seriously Jim they look very pro....like the rest of your stuff..

Thanks guys. I love making gear. I just need time for music now!!!!

3nity - He who has the most toys wins!  ;D

Jim

Take care of that 3M VU meter. Pretty rare, considering they came off of M-23 and M-64 machines...

fazeka said:
Take care of that 3M VU meter. Pretty rare, considering they came off of M-23 and M-64 machines...

Got 2 more like that! They are HUGE! I love VU meters with needle movements. Check out my GSSLs on another thread, you'll see some huge Simpson meters on the LA2A below the GSSLs on the main photo.

Jim

that looks good man.
I like the rack case...i dont know if it is a standard rack, but it reminds me of the erector set i had as  kid with all the mounting holes on the sides  8)

I don't have the name handy but ask 3nity maybe he has it. I haven't used them in  a while. They are downtown.

Jim

This forum is like looking at someone else's girlfriend and despite trying as best to hide it, being insanely jealous:) Awesome build man.

Hello everybody, i hope you finished your project

I would have a small question, that after 2 days of intense research , i couldnt find the solution, may you could guide

I'd like to ad a led meter, not vu metre but the principle stays the same, id like for input and output, but, as im not good with electronics basics, id like to know where i could  get the signal without deteriorating the sound

for the input, can i plug on C1 and the output output B of BA183 / AV ( just before the output transformer )  ?

thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back