Fake Name Badges at trade shows

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="SSLtech"]The concept of Spoonerism is unknown in the US[/quote]

Not true.

"Ray Bhinger" = "Beh Rhinger." We got it.

Even rhyming slang is met with the comment "Why would you bother... why not just say what you mean?"

Don't generalize about the whole country based on what you're encountering down there in Florida, Keef. :wink:

Not beyond anyone here's intellect, to be sure, but I'm too-often saddened at how few people in the US enjoy 'playing' with language.

Rhyming slang, Spoonerism, word association-football, malapropism etc. seem to be more than most folks that I meet can bother with... a regular morning greeting of mine to various people is "good Mortgage"... You won't believe how many people respond "don't you mean 'morning'?"

That said, I do find that people who do enjoy wordplay are generally wittier and brighter than the rest.

Dave, thanks for holding out hope for the Americans... can you send a few like minded individuals down to FL ASAP?

:wink:

-Keef

Haven't you noticed that our own president is a master of malapropisms? He doesn't just play with the language; he beats it into submission! :wink:

"Everybody's working hard to put food on their family..."

All New Yorkers are required to move to Florida after retiring. It's the law.

I intend to defy that order, though; matter of fact, I may be the only New Yorker who has never been to Florida. (Gasp!).

Latest posts

Back