Long Shot - Rode Classic Cable Repair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim50hertz

Hey all

I have a Rode classic (Mk1) with an intermittent fault in the cable.  I know exactly where it is and could easily repair it were I able to get into the connector, which is sealed with no obvious way of getting into it.

HHB uk have quoted £100 + VAT and Delivery for a new one.

Just thought I'd check here and see if anyone had repaired one successfully.

Cheers

Jim

Yeah, repaired the Classic MK1 cable at least twice now, it's really easy and normally brakes inside the connector.

I would buzz the cable through also, but it was the bad choice of connector was the Mk1's flaw.

sintech said:
Yeah, repaired the Classic MK1 cable at least twice now, it's really easy and normally brakes inside the connector.

I would buzz the cable through also, but it was the bad choice of connector was the Mk1's flaw.

Please note, the connectors were not sealed. Maybe you can post a pic of your connector ends

sintech said:

That's pretty funny, the email from HHB said they'd never successfully repaired a MK1 cable and offered me the £100 replacement ;D Good business I suppose

I'll have another look tonight and post pics but there is a plastic screw/retainer on the cable end, and when I take it off there's no obvious way to get the cable/connector end out.  I did just have a brief look. Thanks for the reply  :)

Image274.jpg

This is mine

Yeah, mine looks the same although is that open at the side? The kind of copper coloured part?  Can't quite make it out.

So how does one get into it?  I screw off the end part and there's a cable clamp but it doesn't seem to pull out or push in.  I notice there's a ring holdiing the metal part which screws into the mic in place, do I remove that and hey presto?

Thanks for your help dude

Jim

It's not open at the side in the pic, just a stray piece of masking tape in the bad pic. It defo comes apart.. I'll try and pull it apart to day and let you know.

Hello All,
I have a Classic 1 with a broken connector on the cable side of mic.
It is an unknown brand ( for me ) 12 pin female plug.
I have contacted RÖDe but they have not anymore this connector in stock...  :'(
Anybody has experienced this issue ? 
Any source,  or where to buy one ?
Best,

Guy

Hi guys, I know this is an old thread but I just needed this part as well. So here it is:

Amphenol-Tuchel Electronics GmbH
C 091
part number:
T 3651 001 U

This is for the male end. Works great!

Actually, the right connector parts are on Mouser.com and are as follows:

Female Connector part#:523-T3636-002

Male connector part#:523-T3635-002

Enjoy!

kpearsall said:
Hi guys, I know this is an old thread but I just needed this part as well. So here it is:

Amphenol-Tuchel Electronics GmbH
C 091
part number:
T 3651 001 U

This is for the male end. Works great!

Hi !!

This is my conector for my Rode Classic.

Does anyone know if Mouser is in stock?

Best!!

Attachments

• IMG_9798.jpeg
    IMG_9798.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9797.jpeg
    IMG_9797.jpeg
  • IMG_9796.jpeg
    IMG_9796.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9795.jpeg
    IMG_9795.jpeg
  • IMG_9794.jpeg
    IMG_9794.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Most likely if anyone is having trouble with one of these cables and the connector isnt damaged , a wire has probably broken free in the plug or perhaps a break internally near either end where it exits the connector ,
should be easy to find with the DMM on continuity bleep ....

Latest posts

Back