CAPI-Gear; New CA-0252 (2520 Type) Opamp Kits and DIY Parts Galore!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
below is a lil' preview... on the left, the 2503 types jeff will be offering, and on the right, the original that i used for comparison testing.  this reproduction is the closest match to the original of any transformer i've seen.  the connector on the original 2503 is something i added for ease of testing, and will not be included with the reproductions for sale.

assuming everyone likes them, there should be no problem keeping the 2623s and 2503s in constant supply.  2622s should be possible also, but may take a little more time to get started.

ed

Attachments

• api2503.jpg
    api2503.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 544
edanderson said:
below is a lil' preview... on the left, the 2503 types jeff will be offering, and on the right, the original that i used for comparison testing.  this reproduction is the closest match to the original of any transformer i've seen...
Looking good Ed.  :p

An update...

I spoke with Ed yesterday the 2nd, and he has put his approval on the first batch (90pc) of EA2503's. I should have those in stock with the store officially open somewhere around the 12th of February. They will be $36 for 1-2pc, and have price breaks down to $30 for 17 or more.

Is there any interest in me stocking channel frame mounts for the 2503's?? I will have them for the 2623-1 size at $1.00 each. I assume the 2503 size would be similar in price.

If things go well, we will have 100pc of EA2623-1's at around the same time.

I do have a handful (8pc) of EA2623-1-CF's now. They a laquered in the channel frame. They can be taken out but it would be a slight pain. I have 40pc total but 32 are for my custom, discrete monitor cards in my desk.  8)

Cheers, Jeff

Yeh humour on the internet can be tricky.

Anyway this offer come at a good time for me. I am building 4 API Pre's w/ Cinimags and if all goes well I'll build another 4. So may be worth using these.

Looks like Ed has shipped me the 90pc of 2503's, 100pc of 2623-1's and also 100 channel frames for the 2623-1's. I should have them in hand by mid next week.

I have few friends looking over the store now seeing about final touches.

I may need someone that resides other than the USA to do a small test or even real purchase. I want to make sure there are no hang-ups with PayPal.

I forgot to mention before that I am also selling all of my vintage API knobs from my console. I have a pretty good variety of size and color. The inserts I have in stock can also be used to spruce up the old knobs if required.

Cheers, Jeff

Ptownkid said:
why not do a test purchase yourself?
Hey Ptown, I have done many!  :D

I was looking for someone outside the US to check for potential International PayPal issues.

Greg, "okgb", a fine Canadian, ran thru a test with no issues.

Ptown, do you have a links page set up on your store? I have talked to Mike at Hairball and we are gonna exchange links.

Cheers, Jeff

maybe I missed this... but are there prices for the knobs?? Also, are there any 1/8"  knobs or are they only 1/4"??  how much will you sell the originals for?

[silent:arts] said:
if you need some tests from europe let me know
silent:arts, pm sent. Thanks and Cheers.  :)

mitsos said:
maybe I missed this... but are there prices for the knobs?? Also, are there any 1/8"  knobs or are they only 1/4"??  how much will you sell the originals for?
Hey mitsos, I am still waiting on my supplier for a final cost table on knobs. They are very slow and not easy to deal with.  :eek: So, pricing is not set on the new or vintage knobs yet. I hope that will be done by next week when I get Ed's transformers in stock. That's when I plan on going "live" with the store.

Keep an eye on or subscribe to this thread. I will post here when I open and I will also update the thread title.

BTW, I am not talking about this anywhere but here on Prodigy. I will give all my fellow DIY'ers first crack at what I have going. I will wait a couple of weeks or so before posting on any other forums.

Cheers, Jeff

mitsos said:
...Also, are there any 1/8"  knobs or are they only 1/4"??...
I have some of both 1/8" and 1/4" for both new and vintage.

You can find a split brass reducer bushing to go from 1/4" to 1/8". API used some on my knobs here and there.

Cheers, Jeff

edanderson said:
below is a lil' preview... on the left, the 2503 types jeff will be offering, and on the right, the original that i used for comparison testing.  this reproduction is the closest match to the original of any transformer i've seen.  the connector on the original 2503 is something i added for ease of testing, and will not be included with the reproductions for sale.

assuming everyone likes them, there should be no problem keeping the 2623s and 2503s in constant supply.  2622s should be possible also, but may take a little more time to get started.

ed

Good!!!

+++ 2622 Input transformer, and 2503 Output Transformer = 312 :)

Can anybody point me to the proper PC board footprints for these transformers? I'm laying out some boards in anticipation of being able to afford these, and the PC board outlines and hole locations would be a major help.

Thanks,

---Joe

Latest posts

Back