CAPI-Gear; New CA-0252 (2520 Type) Opamp Kits and DIY Parts Galore!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi joe,
i can't say that this is accurate for this new production, but the original offering of EA2622 a while back had the same pin spacing of the cinemag PC mount transformers (eg. http://cinemag.biz/mic_input/CMMI-8-PCA.pdf).
i know this doesn't help with the EA2623-4, but thought it might give you a start.
of course, you'll need to wait for ed to reveal and confirm the rest.
kind regards,
grant

Attachments

• 2622pins.gif
    2622pins.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 405
Thanks, this is very helpful. It is safe to assume the Cinemag equivalent output transformer dimensions are close enough to use as well?

---Joe

dissonantstring said:
hi joe,
i can't say that this is accurate for this new production, but the original offering of EA2622 a while back had the same pin spacing of the cinemag PC mount transformers (eg. http://cinemag.biz/mic_input/CMMI-8-PCA.pdf).
i know this doesn't help with the EA2623-4, but thought it might give you a start.
of course, you'll need to wait for ed to reveal and confirm the rest.
kind regards,
grant

yes, the 2622s will have the same pinout as the ones i made previously... same as some cinemags and jensen parts; the can is a little fatter, so make room for that.

the 2623-4 is more for people with consoles who need that exact thing.  if you're laying out a PCB i'd recommend a board with a cutout for the leaded version.

the 2503 has the same physical dimensions as the cinemag CMOQ-2 series, etc.

ed

Hey All,

I finally got her up and running! Stop by and check it out. Tell me what you think. I've spent a lot of time on it. I hope there's some sort of enjoyment to be had there. ;)

I've got 100pc of Ed's EA 2623-1 transformers with optional channel frame mounts if needed.

I've got 8pc of the EA-2623-1-CF that are varnished in the channel frame. These are surplus from the run Ed did for me with one of my desk projects.

The long awaited, much anticipated EA 2503's are in the hands of UPS. They are due to me on the 17th which is next Tuesday.

I've got a bunch of vintage API control knobs up there.

I've got an assortment of the new knobs. Some sizes are very small quantities so get them quick if you are interested.

I have a good load of the Pointer 3-50-2A due in around the 2nd week of March. I will order and keep in stock what ever is the most popular. You guys will have to let me know what you have the need for.

www.classicapi.com

Cheers, Jeff

Awesome Jeff!

This fills a big need in the DIY community.  Hats off to Ed as well for making more of his great transformers available.

Mike

Hey Jeff, Ed - great initiative.

I'm sure it will do well!

I plan to buy some (more) of Ed's transformers as soon as possible.

Best regards

Alex

by the way.. have a look to this great shop http://demoshop.jtl-software.de/. you can get it for less money and it looks very clean and professional...
i used oscommerce too but it is very complicated programmed. every deeper change in php files is a nightmare.. :)

wahooo! 
cool shop jeff! (thumbs up)
i just ordered a bunch 'o knobs for now and will check back for some 2503s later.
thanks for doing this for us and also for ed's continued commitment of transformer offerings! (beers and thumbs)
cheers,
grant

Jeff, do you reckon you might sell some of the other variations on the knobs, eg. a B-shaft 3-62 pointer?

Wait a second, that sounds like what you might get if you cross a hunting dog and a US bomber....

Hey guys,

First off, thanks for all the orders and the visits to the store! You guys are awesome.  :)

I have been pretty hammered with orders the last day and half. All to date should be out by the end of today. I will send customers a "shipped" update email via the store software when they are gone.
rodabod said:
Jeff, do you reckon you might sell some of the other variations on the knobs, eg. a B-shaft 3-62 pointer?

Wait a second, that sounds like what you might get if you cross a hunting dog and a US bomber....
As far as the knobs, I hope you are all saving and printing the pdf's. As you can see, many different combinations are possible. For my starting stock, it was basically surplus from what I needed to complete my desk, which BTW, is a never-ending labor of love. :p I have had a few requests for the "hunting dog/US bomber...or 3-62-2B. If there is enough of a need, I will order and stock those. There are just too many combo's to stock them all.

I assume the above request is for 525 clones, which use the -62 size knob. Well, take a look at the old lit on Dan A's site of the 525. All 3 knobs were the plain not pointer on the original 525's. The newer reissues are all pointers. You have to be careful thought because there will be very little clearance between the In/Out knobs if you use the pointers, depending upon panel layout of course. I am pretty sure that the new, current API pointer is a little shorter and more rounded than mine. Theirs are maybe slightly more "modern" were mine are a little more "vintage" looking. Same like the current "trademarked" dual-concentric's. http://www.danalexanderaudio.com/ApiInfo/Api525.jpg

Anyhow, I will get and stock whatever the demand is for, so just let me know.

Cheers and thanks for the patronage, Jeff

Cheers Jeff. I could be interested in 4x B-shaft 3-62 Pointers as well as maybe some standard knobs and transformers. The 3-62 pointers would just be for a non-standard preamp case. I'm not sure if you would be looking for greater numbers though.

Roddy

rodabod said:
Cheers Jeff. I could be interested in 4x B-shaft 3-62 Pointers as well as maybe some standard knobs and transformers. The 3-62 pointers would just be for a non-standard preamp case. I'm not sure if you would be looking for greater numbers though.

Roddy
Hey Roddy,
Let's see if there is more interest. So please posts requests on this thread or send me an email via the site. I need to order in at least 250pc quantities to keep the prices reasonable plus, the factory doesn't like 100pc.

Guess what. UPS was just here...they brought me the first batch of EA 2503's!! :D I probably won't get the product listed up on the site until tomorrow but it is close. Ah, the smell of fresh varnish is a great thing!

Cheers, Jeff

Back