CAPI-Gear; New CA-0252 (2520 Type) Opamp Kits and DIY Parts Galore!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grantlack said:
jeff- could you give a ballpark of the toroid dimensions from the prototype?
For sure I could. These are not a ballpark but pretty exact. Overall diameter is 4.55" (115.6mm) with a height of 2.1" (53.3mm). This one weighs in right at a hefty 5lbs.  :eek: 

Standard mounting hardware will be included.

Best, Jeff

ChuckD said:
Jeff when do you expect the transformers? Did you already answer this?
I need one right away.... but then doesn't everyone.

Thanks

Chuck
Hey Chuck,

The toroids? I don't have a definite date. It will be around 6 weeks from when I give the go ahead. I wish this was all coming together sooner. I had no idea it would take so long to finalize the toroid order.

Volker does have them or will have soon. Shipping will not be cheap but it is a temporary solution.

Also, a couple of stock "off the shelf" units will work from Avel Lindberg in a pinch. You could always use them for something else later on.

Cheers, Jeff

jsteiger said:
Also, a couple of stock "off the shelf" units will work from Avel Lindberg in a pinch. You could always use them for something else later on.

Hmmm, had not considered that option...how many would it take?

jsteiger said:
Volker does have them or will have soon. Shipping will not be cheap but it is a temporary solution.
yes, I have 50 in stock, Cemal will have 50 in stock soon.

however, since I need to use the local post office for overseas shipments, and one transformer is more than 2kg shipping is expensive (starts at EUR 35,- as far as I remember).
for people in the EU it is another story (I use a shipping service here where weight doesn't matter, only the size of the box ;) )

Ptownkid said:
jsteiger said:

Hmmm, had not considered that option...how many would it take?
don't know their portfolio, but what you need is:
2 x 16V (NOT 32V center tapped, 2 x individual windings)
2 x 24V (NOT 48V center tapped, 2 x individual windings)
1 x 48V

jsteiger said:
grantlack said:
jeff- could you give a ballpark of the toroid dimensions from the prototype?
For sure I could. These are not a ballpark but pretty exact. Overall diameter is 4.55" (115.6mm) with a height of 2.1" (53.3mm). This one weighs in right at a hefty 5lbs.  :eek: 

Standard mounting hardware will be included.

Best, Jeff

wow, she's quite the hefty lass!  well that puts a damper on my hopes of cramming it into a 1U, but the 2U will probably be better for air -> passive heat dissipation, yadda yadda.

hello, i am interested to buy a kit ok api vp26 in the website classicapi.com. they sounds good?  i have original api 512c and i want to know if the classicapi are professional and good preamp

thank you!

Charlie, you come to the rigth place.
Classicapi is as professional as it can get. Quality to the bone.
Just read this thread.

Joechris said:
Charlie, you come to the rigth place.
Classicapi is as professional as it can get. Quality to the bone.
Just read this thread.

Jup, second that. Just used my two newly built 312s for a drum recording last week and they sound gorgeous!!! ;D

Hank Dussen said:
Any idea when the EA2622's are back in stock?

also, just wanted to mention that some of the displayed prices differ on the detailed page

http://classicapi.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=23_24_40
vs.
http://classicapi.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_24_40&products_id=38
Hank, I am hoping 2622's by the end of the week or so. Was originally by the end of March but is taking a little longer.

Volker is right about the pricing. On the "Category" page (your 1st link), the price shown is always the lowest dictated by the word "From" preceding the price. Once you go on the actual product's page (your 2nd link), you will see a discount table in the upper right corner. The "From..." price is always the lowest price shown for each product.

I have had a few guys ask about this in the past. It is just the way the Oscommerce software is set up.

Cheers, Jeff

geoff004 said:
Hey Jeff
Any word on the VP312DIs?
Well...I have built the IC version and the Peter Purpose FET version of the HiZ plug-in boards but have not had the chance to fire them up. Don't know if you saw my post before but both the passive versions work very nicely. Everything works nice and smooth with the auto-switching circuit too.

I have been contemplating another switch to allow the option to have the HiZ signal enter directly before the 2520 (as well as before the input iron). I would use Bo's simplistic method for this. I am torn on if this option is really necessary. One of Volker's posts made me start thinking about it. Any feedback would be helpful to push me off the fence, one way or the other.  8)  I do have a pillaged VP25 board that I am gonna build out for this DI method to do some listening.

BTW, I do know that the output attenuator gives many sick options when using the DI. Very handy.

On another note, the faceplate debacle has been straightened out. The plates were 100% stripped to raw aluminum and re-polished. I actually UPS'ed them to the screen printer this morning. They have promised me a quick turn around. I contacted by original metal shop (who previously did the clear lacquer). I asked if they would clear coat product that they did not fabricate. I expected a "no, I don't think so". The owner immediately said "sure, I can do that". If I would have made that call 5 weeks ago... ??? Oh well, live and learn.  :)

Regards, Jeff

Hi guys,

We now have the gar1731 DOA kits in stock at the store!

1731-angle.jpg

Full kit bundle link is here

Another home run by Gary. These things sound very smooth, sweet and mean. All at the same time!

Cheers, Jeff

Hey Jeff,

They look beautiful! Congrats to Gary and yourself for putting this out.
Can a couple of full kits be added to my TX order?

Thanks

mike

mikefatom said:
...Can a couple of full kits be added to my TX order?...
Absolutely Mike. BTW, did you notice the cute retail price of $17.31?

I will send you a PP invoice for a pair of full kits. I'm off to pack orders right now.

Thanks for the kind words.  ;)

Cheers, Jeff

Back