CAPI-Gear; New CA-0252 (2520 Type) Opamp Kits and DIY Parts Galore!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone,

Just a little parts update. After many requests over the past year or so...especially from Kevin @ KHStudios as of late, I have gotten some stock in for the clear anodized control knobs. I just received the first shipment which is the plain, or non-pointer version of the 5/8" knob. The proper part number is 1-62-1B. There is no white filled indication line and the knob is drilled for a 1/4" shaft.

I will have to take a few pics and get the product page set up at the site. I will try to do that later today if time permits.

The pricing will be the same as the black knobs.

Cheerio, Jeff

Ok gents. Here ya go and get 'em while they're hot as I cannot guarantee they will ever be back around again when these are gone!  :)

1-62-1.jpg

Yes. That is right. They are clear anodized just like in the good 'ole days!  :eek: :eek: :eek: 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D

Link to product page is here.

Best, Jeff

Potential customers beware! You're dealing with a maniac here. I ordered some stuff this morning, on a Saturday, and a couple of hours later I get an email saying that it's already shipped!

Wow, Jeff. You are FAST!  :eek:

I raise my glass to you, sir.

Grooveteer

Haha! Yes, buyer beware!  :eek:

Actually the timing was perfect for you placing your order. It doesn't always go so fast but I try to not let an order sit more than a few days before shipping. I use to pack everyday but it's just too much now days. So, I let them back up and pack/ship 2 or 3 times a week.

To bad the customs departments around the world have no incentive to move quickly.

Best, Jeff

Hi boys,

I have finally made visible the available kits for the VP312 mic preamp. The link to the sub-product page at the site is here.

I have been told that the new VP26 & VP312 faceplates will be to me by the end of this coming week. I surely hope so as that issue has gotten really old for me. Every week it seems to get pushed out by another week.  ???

I also have more input transformers coming.

I have more 2053's coming.

I have 250 L-brackets that should ship to me this week.

And, I have 400 raw faceplates coming that can be finished to whatever I need at a short notice. I will be doing 100 of those to VP25 plates as soon as they arrive.

Cheers, Jeff

hi jeff,
received my clear anodized knobs and gar2520 kits in the mail yesterday.
as usual, your molecular transporter delivery method has done a fine job at getting the goods to me in a blink of an eye. :eek:
cheers!!
-grant

pacemaker said:
...any updates on the all options VP312 faceplates ?...
Hi Francois,

I have been lying low waiting to get the faceplate debacle straightened out. I did not want to say anything until I had them in hand. I will (should) have them in about 2.5 hours when UPS comes thru my park this morning.  ;)

BTW, I am using my original metal shop for the dead flat clear so I know the finish will be right. 8)

As far as transformers, I have about 145pc of 2622 due in 2 weeks.

Cheers, Jeff

Hi jeff,
good news the faceplates arrived,
but are these with the DI input in front like in this drawing from a previous post ?

Attachments

• VP312DI-artwork.jpg
    VP312DI-artwork.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 26
Pacemaker,

No, unfortunately the faceplates are not the DI version. My brother, a bass player, has been running the VP312DI thru it's paces with various DOA's and also the various HiZ plug-ins. Thru this time, he has asked for a few more options that do make sense. One is to make where the HiZ signal enters the circuit switchable from before the 2622 to just before the DOA. On some of his basses, he prefers the Bo Hansen circuit straight into the DOA. With some he prefers the Pikatron into the 2622. He has also been digging Pier's APP2055 a lot. Also, I have stumbled across a cap with Bo's 10db pad that yields what my brother calls "the perfect Jaco tone". He wants this secret switchable option too! That will only work right if the HiZ is post 2622 and the HiZ pad is engaged. Got some logic to figure out. So, I am about to start my layout from scratch. I figure if he wants it...others will want it too.  :D

Anyhow, the plates I have recently received are for the VP312 kit and the VP26 kit. I am very happy with the way they turned out. These are the best looking pics I have and I think the plates still look better in person. More pics can be found on the product pages at the store.

Here's a little VP26 taste...
VP26-panel-close.jpg

and the VP312...
VP312-panel-close.jpg

Cheers for now,
Jeff ;)

Hello friends,

I have just updated stock on both of my summing PCB's at the store as I got a package in today.

Inverting ACA's are here and the 2-ACA-Bo is here.

Gary was gonna ship me another small handful of the gar1731 kits today. It will be a little hold me over until he gets his order of PCB's in.

One last thing, Ed tells me I will be receiving an 88pc shipment of EA2622's early next week.  :eek: ;D :D 8) ;)

Regards, Jeff

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that I received 20 complete gar1731 kits today. I have just updated the store stock to reflect this. Here's a quick link for the full bundle.

Also, I got an update from Ed today and he tells me that I will have a partial (87pc) batch of 2622's land at my place this Friday.

Cheers, Jeff

Hi all,

EA2622's are back in stock!

All parts are in stock for complete VP26 and VP312 preamp kits. The kit quantities are limited right now by the stock of t-pads which is 31pc, so not too bad.

www.classicapi.com

Cheers, Jeff

I am just about ready to order round 2 proto boards for the VP312DI. I have reworked it dramatically. So much that it will be the Rev B version. Some very cool new features have been added. I am pretty confident in saying it will be the most versatile Direct Inject version of an API 312 type circuit in existence. Including what is offered from BAE, API and the like.

More to come very soon.  :)

Cheers, Jeff

Back