CAPI-Gear; New CA-0252 (2520 Type) Opamp Kits and DIY Parts Galore!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curran said:
yeah I will drop some kick sound up on here. AND yes you said you would like to hear some compare and contrast between everyones gear to swee where your AWESOME pre's stack up sound wise. I think they are amazing!!!
I just saw your listings on eBay Curran. I guess you have decided what you like?  8)  ;)

I have to say, from my view point, it's kinda cool to see 4 OSA's up for auction and a VP25 in the corner of the shot that will remain.  ;D  Not that nobody ever sells my pre's but...you get the idea.

I am super low on the 25K Bourns pots right now. Don't fret though. I should have my new stock by next Tuesday.  ;)

I am also very low on the 3-50 pointer knobs. Again, don't fret. I was told my by my supplier, they will ship out next Wednesday. I should have them by the 9th of July or maybe the following Monday the 12th.

Cheers, Jeff

my VP25s are consistent favourites for heaps of sources.... love 'em. i've been using them a lot recently for DI'ed bass, guitar & synths, via passive di boxes (with cinemag & jlm 1:4 transformers).

this is my favourite clean di'ed strat guitar (clean, late 70s-early 80s vibe) chain:

guitar -> passive di (jlm 1:4 transformer) -> VP25 (EA 2622 / SL-2520 "red dot") with the pad on

the trick is to turn the pad on - really seems to make the guitar brighter... ahh the mysteries of passive guitars, impedance and loading...  :)

they are also awesome for distorting synths and drum machines  - crank em up and use the output attenuator!

jeff - can't wait to get a few of your DI'ed babies when they're ready! all in one solution...

hey man those OSA are great BUT I hear the tone of what you are selling. these pre's are magic and when my OSA's sell(very reasonably priced by the way) I am planning on adding more of your stupendous pres to my studio!!! they are super duper for tone. i am using them ona session right now with a marshall TSL100 and ONE SM57. and the tone is CRUSHING!!!!. before the OSA's sell on ebay I will track some kick with them and do a "tasters choise taste test" for this great DIY page and for your page if you want.

Hey All,

I received my shipment of the Bourns 25K CCW pots so all kits now show as in stock.

I am due to receive what should be the last VP312DI board tomorrow (Wednesday). If all is well there, I will be ordering stock for those pronto.  ;)

Cheers, Jeff

Hello everyone,

I have just updated the store stock to reflect having a few 3-50 pointers on hand. All the preamp kits showed zero stock when I ran out of the 3-50 store stock. I decided to sacrifice some unused ones from my private stock. I did only 5 pieces to match the actual quantity of 2622' s I have left.  ;)

Ed has another 2622 order in the works. I should receive at least a partial shipment by maybe next week or so.

I have a big order of the 3-50 pointers and the 1-62 plain coming. The pointers were suppose to be here last week. I am told now by the end of this coming week.

Cheers, Jeff  :)

hey jeff,

i'm thinking about placing another order for things, but i've got two questions first:

- roughly how far away those VP312DI boards are?  ;D and
- if you have any more word on the knobs for the EQN you were talking about getting.

if either of these things aren't too far off i'll wait and combine shipping.

cheers matey!
haima

haima said:
hey jeff,

i'm thinking about placing another order for things, but i've got two questions first:

- roughly how far away those VP312DI boards are?  ;D and
- if you have any more word on the knobs for the EQN you were talking about getting.

if either of these things aren't too far off i'll wait and combine shipping.

cheers matey!
haima
Hi haima,

I'll try to keep it short. Usually not easy for me as I proof this post and see how long it really is.  :D :eek: ??? :-\

VP312DI faceplates should be here before this week's end. L-brackets for them will be around Tuesday-Wednesday of next week. The last main PCB has been built and is all A.O.K. I have already lot's of stock on the 2 small Sub-DI boards for the preamp. I am grouping the main PCB stock with some of the HiZ Plug-Ins.

To be clear, Volker and I are doing these together. He has the 2 passive Plug-In Gerbers ready(Pikatron and Jensen/Cinemag). I have ordered 100 of the Pikatron U3096M DI input transformers. I will have those in about 4 weeks from now. To give some options, I have asked Volker to update a thing or 2 on 2 of the active boards that we have built and tested. That way, they can be built and used right away with the pre, before the Pikatron stock arrives. He has responded like lightning.  :eek: I just asked him last night and he sent me the updated Gerbers this morning. I have just replied back asking him to change 2 caps to directional instead of bipolar. Knowing Volker, I will have the files back in 3-5 minutes!  8)  I wish I would have thought of it sooner.  ???

Anyhow, I will be placing the actual order for 2 passive Plug-Ins, 2 active Plug-Ins and the main VP312DI PCB sometime today. I estimate the PCB stock will be here within 10 days of now.

As for the EQN knobs, I talked to the owner last Friday. He promised I would have the quote by Monday. Today is Wednesday and still no quote. For further info, they are exactly 3 weeks behind on my last order of 3-50 pointer knobs as of today. I don't know what is going on there. The lady I have been dealing with the last 2 years is no longer there. That makes me uncomfortable. She always seemed to get my stuff done on time for me.

I did receive some 2622 stock yesterday from the lovely Ed Anderson. A partial order but enough to bridge the gap.

My next order of t-pads will be shipping to me next week. The wonderful and gracious Mike from Hairball Audio is sending me 10 pieces in the interim as I have 4 pre-built VP26's to complete and no t-pads.  ???  I will post the other 6pc to store stock when I get them. A big thanks to Mikey. I love you man!  :-*

Best, Jeff

Echo North said:
This is awkward.  I uh *like* you too Jeff.
Ahh...man up Mike...I don't mean it like that. I mean it like "High 5 me dude! You are the best! Love you man!".  ;) :D  Ya know?

Or maybe the other way...  :-\

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Delete that phone message I left you last night.  I don't want you doing anything weird with it.  ;)

Alright you can have your thread back!

Mike

Hey Jeff, any word on those 51x power transformers yet???

I still haven't ordered one yet, and it's the only thing I'm missing. Honestly, I may be procrastinating because subconsciously I know I'm gonna spend a lot filling the rack up as soon as it's working...... ;D

Tajmoben said:
Hey Jeff, any word on those 51x power transformers yet???

I still haven't ordered one yet, and it's the only thing I'm missing. Honestly, I may be procrastinating because subconsciously I know I'm gonna spend a lot filling the rack up as soon as it's working...... ;D
Why YES YES YES!!!

I did order them a while back but have not really posted in public about it yet. They are slated to arrive here the first week of September. It was a 12 week lead time with sea freight and all. They come with 2 pads, metal washer and mounting nut/bolt/washer. The street price at the store will be $57.00. I have the final(3rd) proto version here and have been planning to get pics and info up on the site but just haven't gotten around to it yet. It's been here for a month now!

Anyhow, the 51x toroidal transformers will be a US reality after all.  ;)

Cheers, Jeff

Sweet, put me down for the first one....or at least one of the first batch.

Maybe I'll be ready to pull the trigger on a couple of those VP26's by then too.

Hey boys,

Lots of action here this week.

I have the blank L-brackets in for the 500/51x proto sleds. These are the 6061 brushed aluminum with no cut outs or holes anywhere. Volker and I split a bunch so he will have them too. They actually came last week but I haven't taken the spare 15 minutes to de-box them. I plan to get them photo'ed and up on the site this weekend.

The L-brackets came in today for the VP312DI project. About a week early as a matter of fact.  ;D

I was told today that the VP312DI faceplates are shipping out tomorrow, I will have them next Tuesday. Once they arrive, I need to complete the milling on the back side for the 3 sub mini switches. After that and a nice polishing, 100 will be off to the screen printers. I am keeping a bunch for raw permanent marker DIY versions to.

VP312DI main PCB's are officially ordered and should be here around the 1st of August.

The 2 small VP312 Sub-DI boards are already here. The one for Bo's circuit and the one for the 1/4" Neutrik jack.

The little red relay boards are also here. I have all the parts on hand for the relay boards except the TQ relays.

I have ordered stock for 4 of Volker's HiZ Plug-In PCB's. They are due to land here around the 1st of August with the VP312DI PCB's. I have both the passive versions coming. One is for the Pikatron, of which I have 100 of those trannys on order. The other passive is for the Jensen/Cinemag tranny. I also ordered the IC version and the Peter Purpose FET version.

What else, what else...oh, more t-pads to be shipped here next week. That is a good thing.

Also, I should get the balance of my 2622 order from Ed.

I have a boat-load of parts to order so that the VP312DI kits are fully available when the PCB's arrive.

Now, I'm tired.  :)

best, Jeff

:eek: looking forward to all those goodies!

the 500 proto-sled + edge pcb + blank panel = 500 diy heaven... you make things almost too easy jeff!  ;D

what are these "little red relay boards"? ** EDIT - i see now, these are handy relay boards you are using in the VP312DI...

Hi everyone,

I have received the faceplates for the VP312DI kits yesterday. I have to complete the small milling on the back for the 3 sub-mini toggles next. I plan to start that tomorrow. First, I need to hook up a little Exair kit to the 3 axis CNC to keep the tooling cool. Pretty neat concept working from the compressed air in the shop. I hope it works!

I have only 250 plates to do so hopefully it won't take too long.

I have a lot of the VP312DI parts on hand already. I should get the balance of them ordered tomorrow or Thursday. All should be here by the time the boards arrive next week. I still have to take product shots and get all the pages together at the store. Sounds like my weekend is planned already.  ::)

I have to send the plates to be printed out after the milling and polishing. The raw versions will be ready right away.

Wish me luck!  ;)

Best, Jeff

Some part updates...

I received more t-pads today which put the preamp kits back in stock.  :)

That didn't last long as they sold literally instantly due to there only being (2) 2622's on hand.  :-[

Ed has told me that the rest of my last 2622 order should ship next Monday, which means I will have them Tuesday.

Exair cooling is all set up and fixtures were made for the faceplates today. I can walk in and start cutting first thing tomorrow.  ;D

Cheers, Jeff

Back