CAPI-Gear; New CA-0252 (2520 Type) Opamp Kits and DIY Parts Galore!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,

Just a quick note, I have just received 2622's from Ed. The stock has been posted at the store.

All preamp kits (except the DI) are back in stock...until I run out of the next item.  ???

Cheers, Jeff

Hi guys,

Just wanted to post a little VP312DI-HiZ update.

Today I received 100 of the VP312DI main PCB's.  :)  (I already have the 2 sub-daughter boards.)

Also received 100 of the Jensen/Cinemag passive HiZ Plug-In PCB's. Nice.  :)

As well as 100 of the Pikatron passive HiZ Plug-In PCB's. Sweet. :)

And I got in 100 of the IC active HiZ Plug-In PCB's. Cool. :)

Still not done, but lastly for PCB's, 100 of the Peter Purpose active HiZ Plug-In PCB's. Bitchin' cool! :)

I have not posted all of these to store stock yet but I am trying hard to get to that.

All of the VP312DI faceplates have had the back milling completed. Wasn't too bad after getting set up properly. This morning I polished 125 of the faceplates in preparation for screen printing. Those will ship off tomorrow to start that process. That leaves me with 123 for raw store stock. I found 2 that have a small blowout on the face around a switch hole. I will give those away for free to whomever wants them, if they buy the rest of the kit.

I think I am only missing 2 items to complete the full VP312DI kits. Those should show over the next few days.

I have not put complete kits together for the active HiZ Plug-Ins but plan to do so in the near future.

The HiZ PCB's look totally killer! I can't wait to build a few and get some response from you guys too. I just know you are gonna totally dig them!  8)  Many thanks to my friend Volker for his typical outstanding work!! ;)  I plan to send you some. Tell me how many you want.

Cheers, Jeff

Hey Jeff-

your VP25's are getting use NON stop in my studio here in ohio!!! they rule!! I have been so darn busy I can't even get time to session up a set of kick samples for you(sorry) BUY I need two more preamps from you and would like to get a recommendation. the 312's or the 26's. AND which DOA's kits would be better with which ever kit for the pre's. You know I record the super metal guys and like aggressive pre's BUT I also like the idea of preamp flavor. let me know what you think!!

Curran said:
Hey Jeff-

your VP25's are getting use NON stop in my studio here in ohio!!! they rule!! I have been so darn busy I can't even get time to session up a set of kick samples for you(sorry) BUY I need two more preamps from you and would like to get a recommendation. the 312's or the 26's. AND which DOA's kits would be better with which ever kit for the pre's. You know I record the super metal guys and like aggressive pre's BUT I also like the idea of preamp flavor. let me know what you think!!
Curran,

I am partial to the VP26. I get a lot of emails from customers about the VP26 vs. any of the 312 style animals. It is always cool to see how surprised and impressed they are when putting them head to head. The VP26 gets much love. They have more of the lovely API color than a VP312. Everyone should have at least a pair!  8)

Any of the DOA's are cool in them. The gar1731's are very nice to have around for certain things. The gar2520 is of course the main stay.

I am waiting for an update on the 1-62 knobs now. I should have them here very soon.

I will have more t-pads in about 2 weeks.

Ed also has more 2622's and 2503's in the pipeline for me. They should arrive near the end of August.

Cheers, Jeff

I am in the process of adding all of the parts and components for the VP312DI project. I have just completed all of the product info for the Plug-In Relay.1 build. I use 2 of these little boards on the VP312DI build for auto-switching and pre/post 2622 selection. I have developed them into a small vertical package that can be used in many different places for many different uses.

PCB:
P-I-relay.1-top.jpg

Assembled pics:
P-I-Relay.1-ass-1.jpg

P-I-Relay.1-ass-1.jpg

These can be purchased much like the DOA's.

PCB's only are here

Full Kit Bundles are here

and solo TQ2-12V Relays are here

Alrighty then...back to uploading VP312DI parts. I can see the finish line!  :D

Cheers all, Jeff

Finally! I have uploaded the product information for the neat little HiZ Plug-Ins developed by myself and [silent:arts]. Long time a coming but the first wave is ready now.

HiZ Plug-In subcategory is here

We have 2 passive versions available.

The TX1-PCB

and the TX2-PCB

Also, our first 2 active versions are now available.

The IC1-PCB

and Peter's FET1-PCB

I have also finally finished entering all the new VP312DI parts. I have the 4 main "bundles" put together but just need to edit the text a little and put some links to the HiZ Plug-In modules in there. That is the next task for the day!

Cheers, Jeff

the only thing with these black pcbs is that it's really hard to trace the circuit if you are trouble shooting - not really a problem now i guess as we have all the docs on hand - but think decades in the future... if someone else has to fix something.

not to put a dampener on your amazing work jeff!!  ;D just a little thing i've been thinking about recently - this comment is probably more directed to igor, who uses uses black a lot too, for much bigger, more complex boards. green might be boring, but you can hold it up to the light and see the traces....!

again - LOVE you work jeff - and i'll definitely be picking up a stack of these new bits as soon as i can afford them!

Hi guys,

I have finally got around to showing Pier's fine APP2050E discrete opamp on my site. The product listing is here. I am only offering these as an add-on to a 51x preamp kit purchase. The 2050E is the only opamp available on my site that will run on 24V rails.

They are shown as an add-on near the bottom of the product pages here:
VP312 51x Raw
VP312 51x Finished
VP312DI Raw
VP312DI Finished

It would be even more helpful if I had t-pads and the 1-62 knobs in stock. ???  I am expecting both to be here sometime next week.

Cheers, Jeff

haima said:
the only thing with these black pcbs is that it's really hard to trace the circuit if you are trouble shooting - not really a problem now i guess as we have all the docs on hand - but think decades in the future... if someone else has to fix something.

not to put a dampener on your amazing work jeff!!  ;D just a little thing i've been thinking about recently - this comment is probably more directed to igor, who uses uses black a lot too, for much bigger, more complex boards. green might be boring, but you can hold it up to the light and see the traces....!

again - LOVE you work jeff - and i'll definitely be picking up a stack of these new bits as soon as i can afford them!
Hi haima,

I hear what you mean about the black PCB's. You make a good point. The hold to light technique is useless for the black ones. The green does work OK. It really is easiest with no solder mask at all like in the old days! The black is a lot easier to reverse and study with the "matte" added to the solder mask. The glossy versions are very distracting IMHO.

Boy, I never thought about "decades down the road"!  :eek:  I really do like the way the matte black looks with the gold immersion.  :-\

Cheers, Jeff

Did you happen to find out if the EQN knobs are a possibility through your knob supplier? Just trying to figure if I should just buy some kilo's... :-[ ... Any way. Thanks for the awesomeness. I see you got the 51X power transformer...

-Brice Conrad

funkymonksf said:
Did you happen to find out if the EQN knobs are a possibility through your knob supplier? Just trying to figure if I should just buy some kilo's... :-[ ... Any way. Thanks for the awesomeness. I see you got the 51X power transformer...

-Brice Conrad
Brice,

I had all but given up on the blue and red knobs. I just talked to my supplier to find out the status of my 1-62 knob order that was slated for August 4th.  ::) I was just told they should ship those in a day or 2. My fingers are crossed.  :)

In a last stitch effort, I asked him if he was interested in the blue and red knobs or not. He said he quoted it over this past weekend and would give it to his secretary to type and send to me today. I thought it was dead but I am guessing not!  :eek:  So, I patiently wait.

In their defense, the manager bought out the handles division from the parent company as of Jan. 1st of this year. They are currently smack dab in the middle of moving the entire handles operation across town to a different facility. I know what a major PIA that can be. Power, airlines, riggers...Trying to keep up with production during a major move is almost impossible.

So, I will post more details when I have them. So far, it is still an open, highly possible project.  ;)

Cheers, Jeff

Latest posts

Back