CAPI-Gear; New CA-0252 (2520 Type) Opamp Kits and DIY Parts Galore!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haima said:
thanks for the update jeff  :)

what shape/sizes did you ask for in the quote?
Haha! Well, it's been so long now I have to look! I forget! I will post back in a few. I will try for some pics too.

Hey guys,

To my surprise, a 50pc batch of our normal t-pads showed up today via UPS. I knew they were in the works but never thought I would receive them this quickly! Woohoo!  ;D

A few hours later, another 50pc batch of t-pads came in, this time by FedEx. I thought maybe they shipped me Mike’s stuff by mistake. I opened them and they were mine. The are the Clarostat 388 series version of the same special part. I will explain.  :)

Mike and I have been experiencing a shortage of parts from our supplier. After this batch, we will not have stock again until the beginning of October (for 70 series only). Once October comes, we will not have to worry as they have enough modules coming to build our parts for a year or maybe more. This made us a little uneasy to say the least. We got a little creative in trying to bridge any potential gap. We ordered up a custom batch of Clarostat 388 series t-pads. Besides being physically a little smaller, they are electronically exactly the same as the 70 series that we are all use to. The good news is, they are a little less expensive.

388-t-pad.jpg

Full product details can be found here

For me, the tricky thing is that the new VP312DI can only use the 70 series as I am PC mounting them. The other preamps can use either as they are flying leads.

So, this is what I have done with the kits. For the next month or so, the VP25, VP26 and VP312 bundle kits will have the 388 series t-pads in them. All of those prices have been adjusted to reflect the lower priced t-pad.

The VP312DI kit will still have the 70 series part in it.

I hope this makes sense!

As for the availability of all the kits, I am waiting on the 1-62 knobs. I should have them by mid next week (fingers are crossed).  ;)

Cheers, Jeff

Hey everyone,

The good news is...I received 100 of the 1-62 output knobs yesterday.  :)

The bad news is...the shop missed the index line and the white infill on the top part of the knob.  :'(

Unfortunately, I had to ship them back this morning. The owner said it would not be a huge deal for them to correct the omission, though he was not happy about it. He knows I am in desperate need so he was gonna try and hustle 100 of the ones he still had out to me yet this week. Balance to follow next week.

I am also gonna stock complete kits for the first 2 active HiZ Plug-In boards that I have at the store. Most of the components are here already. The balance are due in this Friday. I think that will make those a little easier since there are so few parts but they need to be purchased from a number of different suppliers.

The knob folks have still not sent me the quote for the red and blue EQN type knobs. I am about ready to just put that behind me again... :-\

Cheers, Jeff

Oh please don't give up! I wish I could just go to their front door with my mafia crew men and makes things happen.... ::) Well maybe not quite that way, but I really want those knobs. Regardless thanks for the always relentless effort Jeff.

-Brice Conrad

funkymonksf said:
Oh please don't give up! I wish I could just go to their front door with my mafia crew men and makes things happen.... ::) Well maybe not quite that way, but I really want those knobs. Regardless thanks for the always relentless effort Jeff.

-Brice Conrad

+1

8)

Hi guys,

I have received my 1-62-2B knobs...better known as the "output knobs" for all of my preamps. 100 today and another 400 to follow in a few days.

I have also added a lot of stuff to the site over the last few days. I will post some links a little later. If you are adventurous, stop by classicapi.com and check out the full active HiZ Plug-In kits as well as the new VP312DI.

Cheers, Jeff  :)

Hi Jeff,
Your new items are really exciting! With such a great idea for the Hi-Z common footprint, why not take over the world?
A couple things that would be really useful...
1. A small pcb for a standalone DI box that has the Hi-z footprint, and accepts your relay board. It would only need to condition phantom power for the boards and have pads for the inputs / outputs, mic/Hi-Z switch, and a gnd lift I think. Simple, simple, but awesome. The same size as the Bo-Hanson DI would allow a single size enclosure to be used for many DI variants...
2. Same idea, but a micpre front end: have the Hi-Z footprint, accept the relay board, and do the standard pad, +48, and phase switching options. I'm racking several preamps right now, and would have used one of the other options (Igor's input board, or the JLM input/DI board) but why not use this Hi-Z format now - and be able to try different circuits so easily? Great, great idea. Cudo's to Silent-Arts and Jeff for making this happen.

Hey guys,

I wanted to post a few things. Firstly, Ed told me last week that I should receive more 2503's hopefully sometime this week. So, If I run dry...it will be only temporary.

I added a few new things over the past weekend.

I now have full kit bundles for the Hiz Plug-In IC1 version. All high quality components including Wima caps, Panasonic caps, Mill-Max pins/sockets and a TI/Burr Brown OPA2604AP. Full bundles are here

I have also added full kit bundles for the PP HiZ Plug-In FET1. Very affordable I do believe. Did I mention they sound great? Full bundles are here

I also received the finished faceplates for the VP312DI build.
VP312DI-plate-vert.jpg

VP312DI-panel.jpg

I was told yesterday that the toroidal transformers for the 51x PSU project will ship out to me on September 7th. I should have them in stock before that next weekend.

Also, I heard from Pikatron today and the cute little DI tranny's should leave Germany on September 8th. I expect those my the middle to end of the following week.

Busy, busy, busy around classicapi.  ;)

OK. Back to packing orders.  :)

Best, Jeff

You beautiful hard working SOB!

Nice work!  I have 15 empty 500 series spaces.  You'll be hearing from me soon!

Mike

Hi guys,

EA2503's are back in stock. I ran out this morning. Then, low and behold, UPS brought me part of my next order! So, I have 24pc until the end of next week when the balance of the 100pc will be in.

Cheers, Jeff

I Received my package this morning. Everything looks great, thanks Jeff. I will labor away on them for labor day

Ryan

Ryake said:
I Received my package this morning. Everything looks great, thanks Jeff. I will labor away on them for labor day

Ryan
Thanks Ryan. I am trying to finish up the VP312DI support docs right now. I will also start a build/support thread in the Lab but am not quite ready yet. I will send you the BOM's in a few minutes. I also have some key assembly pointers I will send along.

Cheers, Jeff

Hey all,

I have recently started a build support thread in the Lab for the VP312DI kit project. The thread is here

Fellow Americans...have a nice holiday weekend!  8) :)

Cheers, Jeff

Ptownkid said:
Any word on those 51X transformers?
I was told yesterday, they will be on the truck tomorrow (Thursday) heading my way. 2 days over the road will put them at my shop next Monday. That is if nothing changes between now and then.

I sent funds yesterday for the Pikatron DI trannys. They are suppose to leave Germany today.

Best, Jeff

Latest posts

Back