CAPI-Gear; New CA-0252 (2520 Type) Opamp Kits and DIY Parts Galore!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man jeff, those knobs sure are sweet looking! Nice work. Would you happen to have sizes that would fit a pair of Peter's 525's? I'm almost finished with my build and am digging the look of those knobs. I'm going to be looking to grab some of your pre's soon also so my 51x rack isn't too empty!

Look at my DIY 553 knobs..

These knobs are from Jeff and will work beautifully on
peters 553s as well.

http://classicapi.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_24_40&products_id=38

VP26_Rack372.jpg

Don't pay any attention to that ugly meter and knobs on that stereo LA4 above..
that's just hairball junk.. ( JUST KIDDING Mike I love your JUNK  ;D ;D :) :) :) :) :) :) :))

GARY

hello! JEFF
stuff arrived ....nice surprise inside  ;D
thankyou!
dingo.

dingo said:
hello! JEFF
stuff arrived ....nice surprise inside  ;D
thankyou!
dingo.
Excellent! Thanks for the update dingo. That was because you had to wait an extra couple of days. Way better than the candy that some guys send out!  ;D :D :D :D

[silent:arts] said:
BASTARD ;D
HaHa!  :D  Thank you  ;)

That was a small test to see if you are still following... 8)

BTW, sorry to hear of the bomb. That is some really messed up sh!t. Does that happen often? I suppose we live a sheltered life over here. Well, pre 9-11 was "sheltered" I guess. Those guys are the real bastards. I hope they disarm it without getting you.

Jeff, I received my package today. Great packing job!
Everything arrived safe and sound. I can't wait to get my HI-Z plugins together :).

Cheers to you and Volker for the cool concept!  8)

Cheers

Mike

jsteiger said:
BTW, sorry to hear of the bomb. That is some really messed up sh!t. Does that happen often? I suppose we live a sheltered life over here. Well, pre 9-11 was "sheltered" I guess. Those guys are the real bastards. I hope they disarm it without getting you.
still allive ;D ;D ;D
well, in my direct neighborhood we had this year already:
April, 250kg, german model with russian fuze:
sei_Bombe_Feuerwerk_615807b.jpg

Yesterday, 500kg, US model with mechanical fuze:
ostkreuz_bombe_BM_B_767557b.jpg

but back to candy:
ordered the next batch of 1000, this time including the GroupDIY 51X Alliance Logo ;D ;D ;D

Hey guys,

I got a few t-pads in Friday from a back order. I will have more arrive next Monday or Tuesday. I have switched all the preamp kits back to the larger 70 series t-pads for a bit. I do have another batch of the 388 t-pads in the works but will keep the 70 series in the kit bundles until the 388's arrive.

Long story short, all of the preamp kits are in stock right now.

Volker and Harpo, those pics are some crazy shit! Those guys are nuts but I guess somebody has to do it.  :eek:

Cheers, Jeff

Hey everyone,

I just got my Monday's UPS shipment in and finally have plenty of the 70 series t-pads on hand. It looks like the shortage for Mike and myself is over...finally.  :)  What I plan to do is keep the 70 series with the VP312DI kit and the 388 series with everything else. All kits will change back to the 70 series once my current 388 stock runs dry. That is the plan as of right now. I suppose it could change if someone wants to match something they already have.

So, right now, I am pretty well stocked on everything. The finished VP26 and VP312 faceplates are starting to get low but I did receive more raw stock in last week. They just need to be polished, printed and clear lacquered. Not too far off I suppose.

There are a few more really cool things coming down the pipeline. Stay tuned!  ;)

Best, Jeff

Hi Jeff,
I'm using blank faceplates from your store for DIY preamps / EQs etc... Now I'm finding that they are a little too big to go in the rack. Once I put in a couple, everything gets bunched up. I have two VPx faceplates on preamps that I never had this problem with.
Do you machine the raw faceplates to narrow them slightly? Is this necessary for the blank faceplates?

dmp said:
Hi Jeff,
I'm using blank faceplates from your store for DIY preamps / EQs etc... Now I'm finding that they are a little too big to go in the rack. Once I put in a couple, everything gets bunched up. I have two VPx faceplates on preamps that I never had this problem with.
Do you machine the raw faceplates to narrow them slightly? Is this necessary for the blank faceplates?
Some of the plates from our initial black batch have a little bump on the sides where the punch tools overlap. Some are a little worse than others. I assume as the tooling started to dull. If you hit that spot with a file, they should fit fine. I did specify for them to be laser cut. The shop I use thought that punching them would be good enough. Live and learn but only laser cut for me from now on.

Let me know how you make out.

best, Jeff

The silver ones have the bump also, but it will be easy to file off. I just looked with a micrometer and the center bulges out around that bump ~+5microns. The ends are pretty accurate.
For future reference if your shop allows it, it would be better to specify a tolerance of the type -10/+0 microns, since a little under is fine, but over is not.
Thanks!

dmp said:
The silver ones have the bump also, but it will be easy to file off. I just looked with a micrometer and the center bulges out around that bump ~+5microns. The ends are pretty accurate.
For future reference if your shop allows it, it would be better to specify a tolerance of the type -10/+0 microns, since a little under is fine, but over is not.
Thanks!
All of the mic pre plates I have cut are laser only, never punched. The laser is usually dead on. My proto shop will live with +/- 2 th as a tolerance. The production shop (which cut and coated the blanks) will not let me specify tighter than +/- 3 th. This would have been fine if they did not punch them. I know if I was a real dick with them they would have remade all of the blank plates. Those were made a little early on in my relationship with them and I did not want to burn that bridge.

FWIW, 10 microns is about .0004". All of the shops I have talked to would call that a "no quote". They can be weird about that stuff. Maybe you meant 100 microns?

The black ones clean up just fine too. I started doing them myself before shipping, once I realized what had happened. Like I said, this will never happen again to me!  :) Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers, Jeff

Oops! They should take back my engineering degree for that mistake  :). I meant mils, not microns.
So, a tolerance spec of -.01"/+0"
This is the same as spec'ing width of 1.495", +/-.05" if they require a symmetric tolerance
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Bah! The convenience your store has added to my DIY far outweighs this!!!

Hi guys,

A few store updates.

The smaller 388 t-pads are officially sold out. I do have stock on the larger 70 series. Our supplier has plenty of parts on hand now. Mike and I have committed to a qty that will last us another 10 months or so. We may investigate something different then but for now it will be the larger 70 series only.

I am dead out of 2623-1's. My shipment was suppose to land this past Friday but didn't. So, I expect them in either Monday or Tuesday next week.

I am super low on VP26 finished faceplates. Only 9 on hand right now. I shipped 110 of those along with 110 to become VP312's to the printer last week. I expect to have them lacquered and back within 2 weeks.

I am also doing a small run of VC528 ST2+ faceplates at the same time. I have most of the small components on hand for those already. All the custom Elma and Grayhill switches should be about 7 more weeks. I have to get to work on finalizing the street price for those kits. I did already receive the 3/4" fader knobs. Sometimes they are weird with their timing so I wanted to order plenty in advance.

I am also expecting my new rainbow of inserts to come in next week. That is a little exciting!  ;D

Cheers, Jeff

Latest posts

Back