CAPI-Gear; New CA-0252 (2520 Type) Opamp Kits and DIY Parts Galore!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, you need 100% isolation from the positive voltage rail reg's...including the proper fiber shoulder washers. Since the heatsinks are connected to chassis, hence chassis ground, any contact from the positive reg's will be a direct short. It would probably be OK on the negative rails but I think the boys recommend just playing it safe and using the sil-pads for all 5 of the reg's.

Cheers, Jeff

jsteiger said:
A stupid thing but I just ran across 4 EA2503's that I hid for a rainy day. New untouched of course. It's not raining but they are in stock at the store if anyone needs a few.  :)  Still waiting on the bigger order.

Hi Jeff,

Do you still have any of these "rainy day" EA2503s left? If not, any news on when the next batch will be in?

Ralph

rmaier said:
Do you still have any of these "rainy day" EA2503s left? If not, any news on when the next batch will be in?
Hi Ralph,

Unfortunately, the rainy day supply is looooooong gone. Last Friday Ed told me that 2503's would ship out next Tuesday which means I will have them next Thursday. They are quite a few weeks behind at this point though so I would not hold my breath on those exact days. Although this news does tell me that they are for sure on the horizon.

Best, Jeff

Hey guys,

I have a few quick store updates. I received a nice batch of 2503's earlier today!
I won't be around to post them to the store until next wednesday though.

Vp26 pcb's are due to arrive the same day!

Finally...some good news.

Cheers, Jeff

Excellent! Thanks for the update, look forward to doing some shopping next week.

Ralph

Hi everyone,

I have just posted the EA2503's to store stock! I also ordered another batch already so I hope I don't run out again.  ;)

I have added another 100 of the VP312 PCB's to the store stock.  ;)

I have added 98 of the VP26 PCB's to the store stock.  ;)

I am a little low on t-pads but have more that should be here by next Monday or so.

I am also a little low on 2622's but expect nearly 200 more to be here in a day or two.

Thanks!
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

My goodies arrived yesterday - super fast, despite having to clear Canadian customs. Everything looks great. Thanks for providing such a high-quality service on every level.

Cheers.

Ralph

rmaier said:
Hi Jeff,

My goodies arrived yesterday - super fast, despite having to clear Canadian customs. Everything looks great. Thanks for providing such a high-quality service on every level.

Cheers.

Ralph
No problem Ralph. Glad you are satisfied. Thanks for spending your hard-earned money at my store.  :)

Cheers, Jeff

Hello everyone,

Long time...no talk.  :D  Saying I have been busy with CAPI would be a major understatement.

Time for a few updates.

I have a pretty large quantity of 3220 and 3222 P&G faders coming from Colin for my store stock. I received the TNT tracking info this morning. These are all a 1K audio log which is not very common. It is however very perfect for the API type of circuits that I have been and will continue to be working on. These are the 104mm full throw and will have the larger 16mm knobs with them. I wonder where they'll go?

I am waiting on some proto samples from Hoyt for a nice, new meter that I will be carrying. After many conversations with Mr. Hairball Meter Mike, we determined that the size of this meter is nothing that he really wants to stocks right now. It falls in between his normal 1176 meter and his cute little baby meter. These will not be super cheap since they are Hoyt. I wanted to go with more of a substantial piece considering my plans for these. I have committed to a large qty so the price will be very reasonable for what they are.

Those two things being said, you can probably guess what I am working on now.  ;D

The final rev of VC528 boards have finally been ordered. I am just finishing the build on 8 modules for customers. If I were gonna do them all, I would have stayed with Rev 2. But...since many will go to kit builders, I went the extra step and splurged on the 4th and final Rev. This rev consists of moving 3 of the board to board mounting holes about 20 thousandths as well as making an allocation for a hold up R on the top of the board. I have just been soldering the little bastard to the bottom which is no big deal but I figured since we were going in one more time to move the damn holes...well...you get the point. The PCB's should be here in less than 2 weeks.

The first few of my demo VC528 modules have been getting some nice praise over on gearslutz if you haven't seen it. If you have some time to kill and give a sh!te, search there for VC528 and you will find descriptions like "missing link" and "audio bacon". I guess they are much reminiscent to breakfast meats!  :eek: Anyhow, I felt they would be a game changer and it's very, very cool to hear that some well respected ears seem to agree. This couldn't make me happier.  :)

Cheers for now,
Jeff

Very cool, Jeff!  I've read a lot of silly descriptive words over at GS, so for sure "bacon" is about the highest honor that can be bestowed upon a piece of audio gear  ;D  Who doesn't love bacon?  Well done!

Hey guys,

I just wanted to mention that I have been trying to send build docs to a few customers who use AOL. For some reason, any time I try to send an email to an AOL address, it bounces back undeliverable.

FYI, if you use AOL and think I am ignoring you...I'm not! Send me a pm or post here and we will work it out.

Cheers, Jeff  :)

Hey guys

I have just listed some 3000 series P&G faders at the store. I have mono and stereo versions available and both are 1K log. I tried to keep the price as low as possible as some DIY types are a bit frugal. Nothing wrong with that. Heck, it's encouraged after all! The fader category can be found here http://classicapi.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=129.

In other news, Ed tells me that 2503 stock is shipping to me next Tuesday. That being said, I hope to have them before the end of next week.

We still do not have a confirmed date for 2623-1's. The winder is really killing us on these. They are 2 weeks late again as of now. Ed is working on some other avenues to try and insure that we always have them.

I have the final Rev of VC528 ST2+ boards in stock now. The sad thing is that the full kits cannot be purchased since we have no 2623-1's. For reference, the subcategory is here. http://classicapi.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_117_120.

Here is something we have coming. Again, not cheap but very high quality and worth the additional cost IMHO. I have a few special modules coming that will utilize these babies including the console project. More on that soon!

Oh, a nice and Happy Mother's day to all the mutha's out there! ;D
Cheers, Jeff

Very nice Jeff!

Soon enough you'll have everything one needs to build his/her own little API console.  ;D :p

Love the tiny 'Classic API Arrow Logo' on the VU meter!  :D

Cheers,

Mike

mikefatom said:
Very nice Jeff!

Soon enough you'll have everything one needs to build his/her own little API console.   ;D :p

Love the tiny 'Classic API Arrow Logo' on the VU meter!  :D

Cheers,

Mike
Yes indeedy Mike. You see where this is all going.  ;)

The logo is neat and totally inspired by Mr. Hairybullocks.  ;D

I have just received some 2503 stock!!!! It was only a partial shipment but enough to wet the whistle at least.

Cheers, Jeff

Latest posts

Back