CAPI-Gear; New CA-0252 (2520 Type) Opamp Kits and DIY Parts Galore!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming Soon.. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
angle_view72.jpg

for you short guys ;D
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Nice work Gary. I got your samples in and they look cool in the blue.  ;)

I heard from Ed that I will finally be getting some 2623-1 stock in late next week. We have been dry for many weeks now which has been unbelievably frustrating for everyone.  :-[

Cheers, Jeff

Hi guys.

can you explain me. what is the Vc528? I know that the vc26 is a great preamp but i don't know What is the vc28.. Is it a compressor? a summing artifact or a limiter?

Thanks!

Hey guys

The 388 version of the attenuators are gone for now. I probably won't bring them back unless I get in a real pinch again.

I have turned the "buy" button back on for the 70 series t-pads. I had it off for the longest time due to stock shortages. We should be good now. Mike and I should have an announcement coming soon related to these t-pad attenuators. Exciting news!  :D

http://classicapi.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=48

Cheers, Jeff

You guys are killing me. I have been making myself scarce here on the prodigy recently..... Because I always end up spending money. Goddamit..... a new DOA from Gary? What the fruck? You know I'm gonna' need a couple. Or ten. Nice work Gary, as usual. And as for you JSteiger..... You may have to declare me as a dependent next year at tax time. Exciting news on T-Pads..... I like the sound of that. Keep it up fella's. You know I have a full magazine over at Paypal. I'm headed out on vacation next week. Down to Long Island. Going to visit one of the greatest guitar makers in the world. And I am not exaggerating on that. By the way..... I'm quite insane. Rock on dudes. DW.

I just got an ass-load of 2622's in late yesterday from the UPS man. Should be good on those for a while.

I am expecting another 81pc of 2623-1 to show up any day now.

I also just received a big box of steel brackets and 1/8" aluminum panels from my metal shop this morning. That's part of the 500 series modular product line that is developing (way to slowly  :(). I need to finish my last few store orders so I can go thru this stuff and make sure it's right! I will post some pics when I get around to it. Should be fun.  :D

Cheers, Jeff

I have a massive new project in the works that will be released soon. The original concept (and need) is from Volker. It's a stepped gain switch board that will work with a 71 series Grayhill shorting switch.  :D

VP-Gainswitch-in.jpg

I literally have many hundreds of the Grayhill 71ADF30-01-1-AJS switches in stock so why not make use of them. They will also be used for my up and coming EQ.

At the store, I will eventually set-up all of my preamp kits to have either the standard Bourns 25K pot or the stepped gain version. The stepped gain version will come with the Grayhill switch, the cute little PCB and the 11 required 1% resistors.

With the values I am using, this is what can be expected.

Step    Preamp Gain (t-pad wide open)    Difference
1                      +25.5dB                       
2                      +29.7dB                        +4.2dB
3                      +33.6dB                        +3.9dB
4                      +36.6dB                        +3dB
5                      +39.7dB                        +3.1dB
6                      +42.7dB                        +3dB
7                      +45.6dB                        +2.9dB
8                      +48.6dB                        +3dB
9                      +51.6dB                        +3dB
10                    +54.6dB                        +3dB
11                    +57.6dB                        +3dB
12                    +60.6dB                        +3dB

This option can be used with any of my preamps.

Cheers, Jeff

"This option can be used with any of my preamps."

And can be retrofitted?  :eek:

bobine said:
And can be retrofitted?   :eek:
Absolutely yes it can. You just need to desolder and remove the Bourns pot. There are only 2 jumper wires that run from this little adapter PCB to the main PCB. Supper easy to retrofit. Shaft is also 1/8" (like the Bourns) so the knob comes off the Bourns and goes right on the Grayhill. The faceplate indication dots even line up. There is actually a 12th step which will be at the 6:00 position. Simple, small and highly useful.  ;)

I will have the switches and the PCB's as separate items at the store along with them together as a "bundle", specifically for retro fit purposes.

I have another little 71 series adapter board that will give you a stepped potentiometer, if you will. With this, it is super easy to add stepped cut/boost to a project like Peterc's 5003 (553) EQ.

Cheers, Jeff

I just built out and tested this little adapter board. I need it for one of my projects and thought it may come in handy for some others. It is for a Grayhill 71 series switch and basically creates a stepped pot. Perfect if you want exact center and recall steps for some EQ's and things that regular pots are being used for.

Left side top:
GH71-1x12-right.jpg

Right side top:
GH71-1x12-left.jpg

And the bottom:
GH71-1x12-bot.jpg

I have 2 jumper locations basically at each end so one can stop it to 11 positions by leaving out R1 or R11. Also, near the front of the board you will see R12 and R13. That is in case you want to have say a stepped pot for Peterc's 5003 and maybe you want your max cut/boost to be 12dB. That circuit is set up for 15dB so you would need an R at the outside of each of the last stops.

This board is .937" wide by 1.08" long. The pads for 1, 2 and 3 are the same as a standard CW potentiometer.

I am ordering some stock to have at the store for both of these little boards along with some other proto stuff. Lots of cool things in the works here at classicapi.com

Happy Fathers Day to all the daddies out there!

Cheers, Jeff

Parts received for my 8 ch. 312. Unrivaled packing. Please send me the 2520 pdf so I can get started sourcing the parts. Thanks for the great products.

baadc0de said:
jsteiger said:
... They will also be used for my up and coming EQ.

Tell us more! ;D
This has recently evolved into 2 separate modules. I started out wanting to do two, then I went to one, now I am back to two!!

First is a pretty true and simple 553 style EQ. Ed is getting proto inductors for me now. This will be closer to the original than what Peterc has done. The only thing different on mine from the original will be the stepped cut/boost switches instead of fully variable pots. I am leaning more towards a program type of unit with 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5dB for cut/boost. The curves on the original are so massively wide that they are more like a tone control on a stereo. I don't think 15dB or even 12dB is really necessary for this one. I guess a mic should be moved first.  ;D

I will elaborate more on the other soon. I will say that it requires 4 custom inductors. Each having 5 taps. Ed is getting me my second batch of proto's next week. This one will be super cool and makes me think even more that the program version will be just fine at a max cut/boost of 5dB.

The second has already been given the name "Love Child" by Dr.Bill at gearslutz. If the 553 and the 550A had a wild, sex filled, impregnating night, the LC53A would be the offspring, if the offspring was on electron steroids.  :eek: 8)

Cheers, Jeff

Latest posts

Back