CAPI-Gear; New CA-0252 (2520 Type) Opamp Kits and DIY Parts Galore!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okgb said:
When will the stepped gain switches be available ?
Hi Greg,

I will have them here the first week of July. Hopefully that darned postal strike will be over by then so you can get them.  :-\

Did you get the t-pad before the strike hit?

Cheers, Jeff

jsteiger said:
baadc0de said:
jsteiger said:
... They will also be used for my up and coming EQ.

Tell us more! ;D
This has recently evolved into 2 separate modules. I started out wanting to do two, then I went to one, now I am back to two!!

First is a pretty true and simple 553 style EQ. Ed is getting proto inductors for me now. This will be closer to the original than what Peterc has done. The only thing different on mine from the original will be the stepped cut/boost switches instead of fully variable pots. I am leaning more towards a program type of unit with 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5dB for cut/boost. The curves on the original are so massively wide that they are more like a tone control on a stereo. I don't think 15dB or even 12dB is really necessary for this one. I guess a mic should be moved first.  ;D

I will elaborate more on the other soon. I will say that it requires 4 custom inductors. Each having 5 taps. Ed is getting me my second batch of proto's next week. This one will be super cool and makes me think even more that the program version will be just fine at a max cut/boost of 5dB.

The second has already been given the name "Love Child" by Dr.Bill at gearslutz. If the 553 and the 550A had a wild, sex filled, impregnating night, the LC53A would be the offspring, if the offspring was on electron steroids.  :eek: 8)

Cheers, Jeff

Man! That sounds like an sonic orgy of goodness!  ;D

Yeah  , like the stepped gain for the repeatability , and with the output att.
i think you have it covered , and no
the parts didn't get here in time , who knows how long customs holds them up ,
they may randomly throw some in the " aging " pile

okgb said:
...and no
the parts didn't get here in time , who knows how long customs holds them up ,
they may randomly throw some in the " aging " pile
Ooh that sucks. I was hoping we just beat the strike. Either way, it would still be longer into Germany right now and there is no strike there AFAIK. Don't know what customs there has going on.

no strike in germany.

but one tip for the german post service / customs:
- attach your invoice outside the package
- attach a copy of your paypal payment confirmation with the invoice.

regarding to the customs I spoke last time this should go thru.

I just posted a pretty good supply of 2623-1 transformers to store stock. We are still not selling them separately yet but at least the VP26 and VC528 kits are in stock again.  ;)

Jeff, There was talk that stepped pots might be availble as an option for the the preamp kits. When they arrive will they be available with the kits?

Winetree said:
Jeff, There was talk that stepped pots might be availble as an option for the the preamp kits. When they arrive will they be available with the kits?
Yes they will be. I will have the GH's as an item, the little adapter PCB as an item and then a bundle that will contain those 2 parts along with the required R's to created the proper 25k stepped pot, in the 3dB steps. I mentioned the exact steps a few posts up.

The boards are due here the first week of July.

Best, Jeff

any word on VP26 and 312 C&K kits? I want to buy up four of the VP26's and two of the 312's to go with my four VP25's all running the gar2520's!!!

Yeah, they have been flying outa here left and right the last few weeks. I have faceplates at the screen printer right now. They are really backed up though so I don't expect them here for about 10 more days.

I do have plenty of raw plates on hand if you care to roll your own.

Cheers, Jeff

ok Cool I will just wait for the awesomeness of the finished plates!!!!

A few updates:

I received the VP-Gainswitch adapter boards last week but the board house screwed up and left the solder mask off the top. No big deal but it's not what I ordered and not what I wanted the continued boards to look like long term. Short story is replacement boards will be here tomorrow. They made the corrected ones almost immediately.

I am also receiving another 100 VP26 boards in the same shipment.

I am way behind in getting some of the new products listed at the site. I am trying to get to that by the end of this week but time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'.

In the near future you will see:
* VP-Gainswitch boards and kits (for Grayhill 71 1x12)
* Stepped pot adapter boards (for Grayhill 71 1x12)
* Grayhill 71, 1x12 ADJ (have had stock for months now  :'()
* Killer Hoyt meters
* Dual 500/51x space, analog, stereo Hoyt meter module kits (these are slick as can be!!)
* 1k log 51 series Bourns pots (I have had these for a few weeks now)
* 508 PCB backplanes (I have had these for almost 2 months  :eek:)
* Final rev of metal for the start of the modular console project (have also had for a few weeks now)
* Bourns 51 series t-pads, got 'em last week (after my 70 series stock depletes)
* Rev C of the VP312DI. This includes the Bourns t-pad footprint as well as the GH 71 stepped gain option. The Bourns gain pot is still there so it can be either one but not both  ::).
* My version of the 553 that also has a full metal enclosure, custom EA inductors, discrete receiver stage along with a pretty versatile HP and LP filter section. (proto PCB's have been ordered!)
* AML assembled and tested ez1073-500 modules!!  ;D 8)

Hmm...I feel like I am forgetting something.  :-\

Best, Jeff

Yeah, it would be probably OK. The headroom will be slightly reduced but chances are, it would go unnoticed.

I just updated the store stock with 100 VP26 PCB's. Finished faceplates won't be in until next week sometime but I have plenty of raw ones here.

The VP-Gainswitch boards came in to. They are right this time. I won't post them until I get pics and kits put together and sorted. I am in the midst of testing a new module right now. First things first.  8)

Cheers, Jeff

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm waiting for the face plates YEAH BABY YEAH!!!! VP26's and 312's are in my destiny

Hey guys

The 1x12 shorting, adjustable stop Grayhills have been added to the site. http://classicapi.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=232

71ADF30-01-1-AJS.jpg

These have the 1/8" flatted shaft.

Cheers, Jeff

I have just added some surplus Grayhill stock to the store. They are 71 series, 2x6 fixed stop, shorting rotary switches and also have the flatted 1/8" shaft. GH part # is 71AF30-01-2-06S.
http://classicapi.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=233

71AF30-01-2-06S.jpg

Now on with your Sunday!  :)
Jeff

Back