CAPI-Gear; New CA-0252 (2520 Type) Opamp Kits and DIY Parts Galore!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The super cool Hoyt 200uaDC meters have finally been added to the site. http://classicapi.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=234

The VI522 kit is coming soon!

Hoyt-front.jpg

Cheers, Jeff

rmaier said:
Yummy. Any word on when the adapter boards for that 12 pos. Grayhills will be ready?
I have had them here for almost a month now.  :eek:  I'm trying to get caught up on things for the store. I do have one built up for a final test and final gain measurements. I wanted to check that before I post them. I am building a few pre's for a customer tomorrow and plan to check the gain switch board out then.

The stepped pot boards are already good to go. I just need to put the pics and info up on the site.

I will post here as soon as I list them.

Cheers, Jeff

Jeff.
Will this metal stripe work for building a 500 lunch box??
Classic 408-508 Front Rail???
Thanks

3nity said:
Jeff.
Will this metal stripe work for building a 500 lunch box??
Classic 408-508 Front Rail???
Thanks
Yes, that is exactly what it is for. I just took a bunch of pics of an assembly process. I need to edit them down and get them posted for more clarity.

okgb said:
Bastard !
Thanks Greg. I consider that a compliment!  ;D

I have 14 pics done of a single bay, one bucket wide metalwork assembly. I am just starting to upload them and add them to the metal descriptions on my site.

I will be starting a build support thread in the Lab shortly thereafter.

BTW, regarding the pics, I am no 'Chunger.  :(

Hey Jeff

GREAT STUFF !!

I will call this...

"THE STEIGER AUDIO CONSOLE ERECTOR SET"  from Classic API   :) :) :) :)

You got me redesigning the mechanicals of my Sphere/API console project.
I will be using lots of your metal work.  Love the backplane PCB.. Very
well thought out.

This is a First Class piece of engineering my friend.

GARY

Why...thanks Gary! Sphere/API console project? Sounds like a Love Child indeeeeeed!  ;)

I see fun times ahead.  :)

I have received a partial 70pc order of 2503's. The stock has been posted to the store.

Cheers, Jeff

Very cool.
I am not sure if I should have regrets and waited to place my order or be relieved that I did not see these new parts when shopping.

thanks for the bonus panels

When will blue anodized knobs be listed in the shop...

I am currently building/testing a Rev C version of the VP312DI. I had a few things that I wanted to modify on the board. Since the Rev B stock was winding down, I thought it would be a good opportunity to get a Rev C in the works. The overall circuit is identical so they will be sonically the same as the previous Rev B.1 PCB’s. The changes are more component related than anything. First, I have changed the t-pad footprint to accept the new Bourns attenuator that we are stocking. The next major difference is I have added the optional Grayhill 71 footprint for gain control. The Bourns variable gain pot is also still there so either can be used. Besides that, it was just a little component maneuvering, some general tidying and some small silkscreen improvements. Hopefully the Rev C version will be in stock before too long!

VP312DI-Rev-C-600x450.jpg

Here is a close up of the optional gain switch area.
VP312DI-Rev-C-gain.jpg

Cheers, Jeff

Love the layout. Im really excited with the 508 rack. As soon as possible
I'll be getting two. I have a feeling you've got a bad ass summing network
Ready to be in sync with the rack.'I hope it includes those p&g faders

Hey guys

I just placed my order for the VP312DI Rev C.1 board stock. I had one small, stupid little mistake that could have been worked around but I don't like that stuff. So, I made the change in the file and have them on order. They should land here around the 13th or 14th of September.

I have also just turned on the buy buttons for the new 508 backplane. I only have 2 here right now but also have more stock coming in around the 13th or 14th of September.
http://classicapi.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=137_138&products_id=240

Cheers, Jeff

Latest posts

Back