CAPI-Gear; New CA-0252 (2520 Type) Opamp Kits and DIY Parts Galore!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
andia said:
hey jeff! do you know when the 2503's are in? would desperately need some  :)

thank you!

andi
Hi Andi, I do expect them any day now. I actually thought they would have been here the first week of the year but they have not arrived yet. I will post an update here when I do receive them.
Cheers, Jeff

EA2503's are back in stock again. Who knows for how long so get them now if you need them!!!

Cheers, Jeff

you should tie the trannies to the kits as soon as less than 40 or something are in stock.

whenever i have saved up enough cash to get more kits from you the trannies are out of stock and i'm way too undisciplined with my money and spend it on a mic or something. and it goes on like this forever and ever.

:p

useme2305 said:
you should tie the trannies to the kits as soon as less than 40 or something are in stock.

whenever i have saved up enough cash to get more kits from you the trannies are out of stock and i'm way too undisciplined with my money and spend it on a mic or something. and it goes on like this forever and ever.

:p
The 2623-1's have been only available with a kit/bundle now for over a year. I have not done this with the 2503's as they seem to move slower.

Yeah it is a crazy cycle and has been this way for some time now. Ed has made some supply changes and we think the supply "droughts" will be corrected in the future. I am suppose to be getting another partial batch of 2503's next Monday or Tuesday. We have 250pc of 2623-1 coming in which are due literally any day now.

New VP312-VPR PCB's should be here next Monday or Tuesday.

Cheers, Jeff

Jeff.
those 10K centre detent are perfect for the 5003 eq.
Do you plan on offering the inductors??
Thanks.

3nity said:
...those 10K centre detent are perfect for the 5003 eq...
Yes they are but I am more stocking them for my 553F EQ. Should be released as soon as the inductors arrive.

I also have a stepped version of the board. The switches are basically 1.25dB up to around 7dB max boost with a hidden -9dB cut setting.

Do you plan on offering the inductors??
I do not have plans for having them available separately right now. They are a more expensive MPP core toroidal version. Ed spent a lot of time on these little babies. He sent me a lesser cost toroidal ferrite core version and the MPP version. The difference was not even close to my ears so I decided to go with the MPP core. My plans now are for full kits only. They will have a zinc plated full metal enclose. Very high quality stuff all the way around. Basically, pretty true to the original 553 with the addition of a discrete receiver stage and discrete buffered high and low pass filters.

These are my proto boards for final testing. I already see a silk update for the RV labels on the VAR board. Figures. At least there won't be a tooling charge if that's all there is.

Cheers, Jeff

I have been trying to get an update but have not heard from Ed in a few days. He did inquire with the winder last Monday. I guess that means he has no news for me.

Have I said before that dealing with winders sucks?  :mad: :( :-\ :-[ :'(

Bugger.....will be needing 4 of these soon!

......a sucking winder......now there's a double entendre!

;D

Just had to bump for these !!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

418499_400317116661343_100000491741713_1598129_1261548268_n.jpg

THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL JEFF !!

GARY

Very nice. Simple, clean layout. Good use of color to distinguish the different sections. I already kinda' know what the gutz are. I bet these sound spectacular. Very nice, Mr. S. DW.

Hey Jeff , might be time for updating the first page of this thread
[ it's where i always go to check for latest news ]
Are the smaller psu boxes available now ?
Like the color scheme of the new preamp , will order one at least

any word on the 2623-1s?  The website says to expect them today.  I need to get a pair with channel frames.

The last update I had, Ed told me they should be to me by mid to late this week. One thing I have learned, winders live by their own clock and timeframe.

Congrats on the release of the LC53A! Looks amazing!! But what happened to the VP28? Any estimated release date?
I' ve got a huge hole to fill in my newly built 51X rack and need pre´s...

I am going as fast as I can!  :eek:  Packing orders delays the VP28 release and I have been simply buried. As soon as I get around to putting all the info on the site, they will be ready. All the parts are here, it's just down to the clerical stuff.

Latest posts

Back