CAPI-Gear; New CA-0252 (2520 Type) Opamp Kits and DIY Parts Galore!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ddageek said:
useme2305 said:
hey jeff, i don't know if there even is high enough demand for it but will there be a stepped t-pad upgrade kit for the VP26/312 pres?

Hey Jeff no pressure but wondering  as  well where this project stands.
Well, I have this all laid out for a new project. I did not think of doing it as a small daughter board for the old pre's. I will have to look to see if it will even fit. The board would be around 1.25" by 3.2" or so. There are 34 resistors and a 3 deck 71 series GH switch involved. Lot's of real estate. I know without looking that it will never work on a VP312DI. The plan is for 2dB steps from 0 to -20.

Hey Jeff,

Not sure if this has been addressed, but........

If I wanted to upgrade my original GDIY 51x PSU to accommodate 2 VPR racks, could I purchase your dual VPR torroid and swap the resistors on the +-24v path on the board? (would the Regs and variable resistors need changed as well?)

Is it that simple? And if so, do you have all necessary parts in stock to make this happen that I could order?

Just posting this here in case anyone else wanted to do the same thing.

cheers!
Eric

Eric

Yes, it is a simple as changing the toroid and 4 resistors, nothing else. If you compare the 24V circuits to the 16V circuits on Volker's original schematic, you will see which ones they are. All of my PSU components are already divided into kits so I don't have the spare R's here for it but I do list the proper part #'s and vendor in my BOM.

Cheers, Jeff

There are 34 resistors and a 3 deck 71 series GH switch involved. Lot's of real estate

can't this be achieved with a 2 decker:
wipers go to in and out,
each position inserts ends of series resistors from t-pad,
shunt legs all common

aaah balanced--cut no corners.

Jeff, out of curiosity, are the 553s on deck to be released? Mulling some eq options and wondering about price.

Loving my VP28s!

Dylan

Yes I do have all the part here for the 553F's but have been prioritizing other things like packing orders and designing console modules. All I need to do is complete the BOM and price them. I may possibly have a little time next week.

I didn't realize that not only is the 28 a two stage wonder BUT 3x the transformer goodness , Crap
I'm  waay overloaded but it's on the list now !

Just wait Greg. I literally just ordered the board set for the console's control room module. I am now working on getting metalwork ordered for 5 new console modules. Busy busy!!

I have plenty of EA2503 and EA2623-1 transformers in stock.  :)

I am expecting more EA2622's next week.  :)

Mini pushbutton switches should arrive the first week of December which will put the VP28 kits back to in stock.  :)

Once I get the self-tapping screws for the new XLR's (Wednesday) the 11 space 51x rack kits will also be in stock.  :)

I have added many new items to the store here are a few highlights.

-BB2521 IC-Discrete hybrid opamp kits added to the store. http://classicapi.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=71_183
-One time batch of NOS Philips NE5534N's added to the store along with TI's LME49710's http://classicapi.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=71_73

For more of "what is new", you can visit here: http://classicapi.com/catalog/products_new.php

Happy New Year to all!!!
Cheers, Jeff

Have to say, the knobs are GORGEOUS!
And Jeff is a pleasure to deal with! :)

Hi Jeff

The 51 alliance link in your sig doesn't appear to be working!

Back