CAPI-Gear; New CA-0252 (2520 Type) Opamp Kits and DIY Parts Galore!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting thought. I just checked and my normal inserts do not fit them. They could be made but the min order qty is so huge it would not make sense.

New 15 and 18 pin card edge adapters for 500 and 51x prototyping have been added to the store. The category is here http://classicapi.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=87_88 I have more stock on order that should arrive around July 16th.  :D

Disappointed to find that the Elma-Neve-Marconi and the Gray Fluted Knobs don't work on
the Don Classics NV-73's. The input and output potentiometer shafts are to short. Used them on the 2254 that had cut shafts for CAPI classic plain knobs and they were almost too short.
The set Elma-Neve-Marconi Knobs set screws are higher than other CAPI knobs.
The Aluminum X62 inserts are a perfect fit for the Elma-Neve-Marconi Knobs.  Don't see why the X62 color ones wouldn't work. Aren't they the same size?

I'm pretty close to being ready to purchase a 51x rack and floor box PSU and a pair of LC53A along with it. Is there by any chance an ETA for new stock of the PSU and the LC53A?

Thanks!

yosh said:
I'm pretty close to being ready to purchase a 51x rack and floor box PSU and a pair of LC53A along with it. Is there by any chance an ETA for new stock of the PSU and the LC53A?
The metal parts for the Floor Box kits are being anodized right now. They should be here in about a week or so. I have all the stuff here now for around 25-30 LC53A kits but have been too busy to kit up all the caps/resistors. Hopefully I will get to it soon.

jsteiger said:
yosh said:
The metal parts for the Floor Box kits are being anodized right now. They should be here in about a week or so. I have all the stuff here now for around 25-30 LC53A kits but have been too busy to kit up all the caps/resistors. Hopefully I will get to it soon.

Great, thanks!

berkleystudios said:
any idea when those ACA boosters will be back?
I actually decided to do a small revision since I was changing PCB manufacturers and had to pay for another tooling setup. The changes are layout and power based only. The audio signal path is identical. I have a small 5pc proto run arriving around the 26th of July.

jsteiger said:
berkleystudios said:
any idea when those ACA boosters will be back?
I actually decided to do a small revision since I was changing PCB manufacturers and had to pay for another tooling setup. The changes are layout and power based only. The audio signal path is identical. I have a small 5pc proto run arriving around the 26th of July.

ill still order a proto ;) let me know when you get them in!

I am working on it now. The USPS made changes to their automated servers which screwed up my background shipping quotes. I am not done yet but getting close.

OK the USPS bugs have been squashed. Everything is back open now and should be fine.

Hi Jeff.
I wanted to ask you a question.

I bought a blank L-bracket and a 500 card edge connector.
how far should i install the card edge from the front?
Please let me know anything.
Thans.,

The edge connector will line up with the back edge of the L-bracket, with the gold finger part sticking beyond. Use 1/4" or 6mm standoffs.

jsteiger said:
New 15 and 18 pin card edge adapters for 500 and 51x prototyping have been added to the store. The category is here http://classicapi.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=87_88 I have more stock on order that should arrive around July 16th.  :D

Hey Jeff,

Do you still sell these or are they out of stock at the moment?  I couldn't find them on your site.

Thanks!

Mike

mikefatom said:
Hey Jeff,

Do you still sell these or are they out of stock at the moment?  I couldn't find them on your site.

Thanks!

Mike
Yeah Mike I have them. Sorry I had forgotten to update the stock. They are showing up now.

Back