CAPI-Gear; New CA-0252 (2520 Type) Opamp Kits and DIY Parts Galore!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
echoplex said:
hi jeff,

I am wondering if you're working on anything new?
Would love something like the API 529 stereo compressors.. there are not too many interesting ones out there in 500 format.
also would love to see a diode-bridge stereo comp with dry/wet..etc :)

just my 2 cents
I have a bunch of new things in the works but for now I am sticking with the FC526 as my only comp.

jsteiger said:
From the lab of Gary Barnett, we are proud to release the garAM10 discrete opamp kit.

How would these sound in a VP28 compared to the gar2520s? Will the AM10's be good contenders for the upcoming SumBus?

BramK said:
How would these sound in a VP28 compared to the gar2520s? Will the AM10's be good contenders for the upcoming SumBus?
They will sound great in VP28's or any of my stuff. We gave good listen comparing them to red dots while building some Heiders. They are pretty different especially in the mid range. I'd say more even and not as mid-aggressive as a 2520. They will make great amps for the ACA of the SumBus!

Hey everyone,

The 553F Rev B kits are in stock at the store:
http://capi-gear.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_117_119_170

I am also selling the inductors separately:
http://capi-gear.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=224

I have recently added a High Nickel version of the 2503. Those are here:
http://capi-gear.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_37&products_id=608

Cheers and happy Sunday  ;)

Hey folks

I just posted a banner note with my November store schedule. I'll be closing next week for 2 weeks so if you're planning to order, please get it in over the next few days!

http://capi-gear.com/catalog/

Is that time of year!!

10BFCM2018_600x600.jpg

Just gotta say ,  for ALL the retailers,  10% off is not much of a sale
Consider countries where exchange rates eat that up in an instant , not to mention shipping
and possible taxes!

Agreed. It’s nice if it’s already something exactly that you’re planning to pick up, but that almost never happens for me. So unless it’s truly a blow-out, I never pay attention enough to actually consider it.

okgb said:
Just gotta say ,  for ALL the retailers,  10% off is not much of a sale
Consider countries where exchange rates eat that up in an instant , not to mention shipping
and possible taxes!
Interesting comment Greg. You of course have all the right not to partake. Thankfully, I have a bunch of other customers who apparently disagree with you.

Keep in mind, I a run small business that is pretty lean. My prices year round are very low. Its not like I buy a bunch of junk from China and run on a 500 to 1000% or more markup!

And to add, guess how many of my vendors ran a deal that I could take advantage of? It takes zero fingers to count them up so my 10% off deal comes 100% off of my bottom line.

well , you need not treat is as a personal attack and I did say ALL retailers, but
this is a D.I.Y.  grp where, of course most people are not Companies , bridging the fine line between
hobby and business,  your product is far above chinese, which I strive to never buy [ it's never worth it ! ]
but selling dreams is part of the reality as is realizing goals or finished productions.

okgb said:
well , you need not treat is as a personal attack and I did say ALL retailers, but
this is a D.I.Y.  grp where, of course most people are not Companies , bridging the fine line between
hobby and business,  your product is far above chinese, which I strive to never buy [ it's never worth it ! ]
but selling dreams is part of the reality as is realizing goals or finished productions.
I hear ya. It did feel slightly personal since you posted it on my WM thread and not in the Brewery  ;)

Hey folks, I have posted a banner at the store with this year's Christmas holiday schedule. Check it out and get your last minute orders in the queue!

www.capi-gear.com

Howdy everyone!

The CAPI store is back open and rockin' after the holiday season!

FC526 compressor kits are back in stock.

I am expecting VP312 faceplates tomorrow.

BT50 faceplates should also arrive tomorrow. We are sorting a batch of parts so should be good to go by mid next week.

Cheers and Happy New Year!!!

fragletrollet said:
VP28 out of stock for long?
I screwed up in December and ordered VP28 faceplates when it should have been L-brackets. My shop is trying to rush them thru and originally was supposed to ship today to be yellow chromated. If that happens, I'll have them back later next week and the kits will be in stock. Waiting to hear from my metal guy now.

Hey Jeff,
In some pictures, I see a Hi Z plug module that has a Jensen transformer on it. Was that the TX1 board? Any chance I can get a pair of those?

Latest posts

Back