GSSL with Detent Pots for Thesh and Make-up

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theblotted

i tried to do a search, but came up short.

can anybody recommend a good Detent Pots i can use for GSSL Threshold and Make-up controls? i looked around Mouser but they don't have 50K detents (i think only center detents, not continuous).

...also, on the same subject, Greg's BOM mentions a 50K 6mm pot for the Thresh/Make-up, but the Mouser order number "31VA405" comes up as 24mm??

sorry, this is my first DIY project, please help!

pot quality almost dosn't matter for this. Use e.g. a Taiwan-Alpha from musikding.de

re the 6mm/24mm, one figure is describing the axle diameter, the other the house width - look up some datasheets to see for yourself.

Jakob E.

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I'm also looking for detented pots with more than 11 detents. Mouser doesn't have 50k and I couldn't find none on musikding.de. Any tips?
Also, regarding the treshold: would it make sense to use a center detented pot? I mean is 0dB on the front panel really 0dBu?
Thanks!

gyraf said:
Probably best to ask in the dedicated help thread - we are trying to keep topics together. This makes searching easier later.

Jakob E.

Ok sorry, I'll do so...
So this thread is officially dead!  ;)

Latest posts

Back