smallbutfine

I was not aware that the original Hotz Midi Translater has become freeware (!!!).
Thanks to Tim from Atari Midi World it is even available in a steem ready version.
For getting it running, I just d/l'ed Hotz Midi Translator for Steem from Tims site, Steem emulator for PC and appropriate atari firmware (linux version is available as well, Mac? don't know but I think so) and there we go....
Since steem allows upping speed and memory of the virtual Atari ST I just mamanged to get the HotzBox running on my DAW PC a few minutes ago, virtually midi cabled with the free Maple VMidi cables, with absolutely accepable (but still slightly perceivable) latency - on XP!. For free.
NICE ONE!

I'm already dreaming of a small integrated linux steem box with a small fanless cheapo mainboard and a hotzbox-like diy midi controller in one case.....linux would made midi latency much better with xsteem...
However, if I remember it right, the original controller was a capacity type keyboard of thing.....

Anyway - I'm completely happy with my new toy, almost like when I discovered all the korg electribe fun - but this one is for free and much more 'intelligent' fun....like motif or st like that but still better and more unique...
Away for a few hours of jamming with it now....great.

Kind regards and cheers,

Martin
"In the past we suffered from crimes, today we suffer from laws."
Tacitus

www.audiomh.de