G-SSL mixbus BOM

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jagle

hello everyone.

Thanks for everything, ive been lurking for a while, adn decided to build a G-SSL for my first project
i have some solder skills, some knowledge in electronics, and a friend willing to help me who knows his stuff.

now i used Greg's BOM, but alot of the parts from mouser and digikey seem to be old and updated.
im wondering if just using teh updated parts works fine.
an answer or a link to an answer would be great

thanks again forum

:)

hows it going
things like the 10R 1/4W resistor part number 271-10 from mouser on the BOM i used the 271-10-RC from mouser.
just lil things like these

This is a really good intro into DIY, figuring out which parts can be subbed.

When is comes to parts like resistors, your only real concerns are wattage and value.
With caps, it's value, lead size (footprint), voltage, and mayyyybe in some cases tolerance.

With regards to those resistors, all the RC means is that it's the ROhs compliant part.

jesus PTownkid himself
im honoured haha your knowledge is massive

ya it was frustrating but trying to match up values and learn was good, well i was thinking i was right.
but just wanted confirmation..

now to recheck and then check again

Hey Ptownkid,
Just noticed your site below your post, are those gssl meters you have a beringher size and is the price in canadian?  Also noted that you're from ajax, I was born in the dirty shwa(I probaby shouldn't mention it....).

ok
maybe a stupid question
the BOM called for a Ceramic 10p 100V 5% monolithic capacitor
i ordered a 10PF 100V 5% MONOLITH CERM CAP

is there a difference between 10p and 10pf

as well a 100n 50V  polyester cap was needed
would this do?
CAP .1UF 50V POLY B SERIES
is 100n = .1U

thanks

oh thank you

all the parts are right. delighted
PCB ordered, just gotta get the last of the money together.
right guys
be prepaired for a lot of questions coming your way ;D

Latest posts

Back