Haufe T14/1 alternative ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e.oelberg

I built this very nice sounding ELAM clone, BUT the Bass saturates too fast, I don't like that. If anybody of you knows another TX to sub a Haufe T14/1 .. bigger , with a better bass response please let me know ?

nicholas

http://www.tab-funkenwerk.com/id2.html

check out BV314 and T35, those might suits your needs...

Axel

Anyone know about the C12A transformer and if Haufe carries these , also is it similiar to the T14. They certainly look the same.

Maxwell IM told they are the same, I think there might be better transformers for you too at funkenwerk the link above that Axel posted have a read up on that site , also good info here...

http://www.saturn-sound.com/Home.htm

Im thinking of a beeter transformer for my Ela 250 DIY , Im using a 1960s C28A s T14 at the moment

Maxwall,

T14 were designed to load the plate of an AC701 or 6072...
In a C12A the transformer load the cathode of a 7586

Why don't you ask Hauffe? Since they probably produced both transformers for AKG, they should know

Axel

Mad.ax

that makes sense since the tubes are different numbers but both are triodes. there is little info on the C12A transformer , and I find it difficult to communicate with German partners, not sure why. Anyone have a lead at Haufe ? maybe a link ?

Guys go to Saturn sound link above that guy Ashly knows all there is to know about all this...  theres C12 elam transformer info at that wesite, the T14 seems to be the weak link ....Sowter UK also had a  T14 version they made it for C28A C, c28, C12 elam all had T14s as well as henrys radio and others , Ive found lots of info here too, try a search...I think I found most while looking for Elam 250 info.....best of luck

great lots of info ! I'm going to call  Oliver Archut and ask him, he seems to know the problem.
I might give the Cinemag a try too though
thanks for all this info !!!

nicholas

Back