Haufe audio output transformers identification .

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedNoise

Hi there!
Does anybody have some information about HAUFE RK 806/3 ???

I know they are output trannies . They are "pcb mount" ,7 pins .
In the "cards" (Line distributor : 1 input 4 output) I found them , they were later replaced by SYSTEL TRH 806.
I have had a quick search with google (with both references) , but had no luck.

Please could yo help me to get some specifications?
As always thanks by advance to all of you .
Cheers.
T.

If you can't find any published info :

- determine which pins have a coil connected between them by doing a continuity check   from each pin to each other pin

- determine which is the primary and which is the secondary by checking which coils   are connected to the input and outputs of the board you took them from

- measure the turns ratio by applying an AC voltage to one side and measuring the open circuit voltage on the 
- measure the DC resistance of the coils and multiply x10 for a rough estimate of coil impedance

I found that the coils with 1-2 ohms are basically "0 ohm" coils (20ohm or so impedance)    20 ohms corresponds to about 200ohms impedance and 30-35 ohms corresponds to 300 ohms.

Or - you can use the method of measurement and approximate calculation.

This is where you connect a potentiometer to a coil on one side, excite the other
with a known ac signal voltage and adjust the pot until you get an ac voltage across it equal to half the excitation voltage.

The value of the adjusted pot is the inductive reactance of the coil being measured which is then
used to calculate the impedance using the turns ratio and dc coil resistance.

There is a link in the transformer's Sticky which details the method described above.

If it's a 1 to 4 distribution amp, it probably is 300 ohm secondary.

You can also try to find specs on Kubarth's site which are similar to yours as a guide.

Hope this helps.....

thanks Alex C !
should I check continuity with a DMM?A friend of mine told me it's not good for audio trannies because of DC residue.Is it true?Or do you consider this is not a huge problem??

It's true - DC current can cause magentisation of the transformer core
which in turn causes the core to saturate prematurely and thereby cause
additional lo-freq distortion.

If you take quick readings it should be OK. ie. don't apply the DMM continuity
check for more than a couple of seconds at a time.

Hi  bpucekov
This email actually do not seem to work...
I'll try it latter , but a big thank to you !!

Latest posts

Back