Plate / Filter Chokes - Group Buy Anyone?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thermionic

Hi,

Having been somewhat irked at the price of chokes from the regular suppliers, I got talking to a local winder. He makes all manner of transformers + chokes for various OEMS on a custom basis, via modern CNC winding apparatus. With the Pound being uber-weak at the moment, I wonder if this is a good opportunity for a group buy situation? If so, what value / current handling would be a popular value to go for?

I'm not too bothered about handling this. If there's interest, I might just direct him to the group and he can sell direct to you. It goes without saying that you will get to see his work before making any commitment, and that this is a totally honest offer. I guarantee considerable savings over the usual suppliers for this, without compromising quality.

So, are there any particular popular projects for which a saving could be made on the choke? I should have some examples of his work to show in the next few days. He can make pretty much any form of inductor for that matter, and transformer.

Justin

Latest posts

Back