Adams Smith Zeta 3 cable

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvintus

Can anyone tell what a "remote to sync" cable for an Adams Smith Zeta III midi synchronizer should look like? Connectors? Cable? A friend of mine needs some help to make one.

Thank you!

/Anders

Do you mean the cable to the remote control unit? That uses 9 pin (or is it 15HD?) D-subs I think, and a Mogami camera cable (2673?). If that's the cable, let me know and I'll find the pin out for it.

It could be. I haven't even seen the unit so I don't know anything. But it sounds right, so if you could send me the pin out I would be thankful.

/Anders

The shop I left in 2011 had zeta 3s for layback to video decks from pro tools .  You do need sync I/O to make the zeta lock tape to protools master.  If as mentioned ,  you lock protools to master multitrack,  then all you need is a digi sync I/o and do not need the zeta.  We had 5 to 6 zeta 3’s and only one of them worked correctly at the end of my tenure.  You might be fighting multiple problems.  The manual is confusing along with the menus on the zeta.  Do you know the zeta is working correctly?

Besides the recording I spent a lot of hours keeping thing operating correctly that I did not get paid for.  Mostly keeping the 24track running correctly.

Back