BA4 finished!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonkan

I finally finished what i should have done a long time ago. This has been lying on my shelf for too long, but finally i found the time to get it done.

Internals are 4x Baby animal micpres, beyer 1:7 input transformers, two melcor clone opamps, one jlm audio hybrid, and one opa2604 channel (basically what i had lying around is what i stuck in there for opamps).

Heres a pic of what it looks like.

Feels great to finish stuff, I should do it more often instead of starting new projects all the time ;)

/Jonas

Attachments

• BA41.JPG
    BA41.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 158
Looks very neat. Have you managed to test the difference between the opamps yet? I'd be interested to hear your opinion.

I have provided values for a Zoebel network for the Beyer 1:7s if you decide you want to use one. Otherwise you get something like a small 2dB lift above 20KHz - not much to worry about.

Roddy

Thanks for the kind words. I havent been able to test anything yet as of now, will report back later!

I followed the application notes in the beyer transformer manual that i got from Kubi, but if you can share what you have discovered on your own id be very grateful. 

/J

Latest posts

Back