EZ1290 finished

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benny

Finally had time to finish my EZ1290.
It's easy to build and sounds great.
Thanks madriaanse for the boards and Frank for the nice frontpanel.

Did you use a lower profile heat sink than the one in the BOM to fit it into a 1U case or did you just bend the fronds out a bit?  I'm contemplating the same thing.

mushy said:
Did you use a lower profile heat sink than the one in the BOM to fit it into a 1U case or did you just bend the fronds out a bit?  I'm contemplating the same thing.

I used heatsinks I had at home. They fit perfectly into a 1U case without bending it.

Hey benny nice build , by the way is it the mic or line tx you used and what configuration did you wire up your input transformer up for , a diagram would be nice,  ;D

regards

skal1

Hi skal1.

It's the mic input tx. I wired it as shown in the link above and used the hi/lo Z switch from the original 1073 schematic.

http://ams-neve.com/Sites/8/Files/Documents/Outboard/1073_1084_User_Manual_Issue5.pdf

benjamin

That looks great!
Are the input transformers glued to the chassis?  Make sure that they are connected to the chassis with a wire then as per the original schematic.  In the 1290 module the core and case screw directly to chassis, and the input shield is soldered to a tag screwed to the transformer case. 
Mike

In the picture the input transformers were glued to the chassis but I changed that yesterday and screwed them to the case.  ;D

Hi Benjamin. I'm trying to get parts together to build a few like this (2ch. 1RU) and was wondering how you went about building the power supply? Specifically whether you used something from JLM Audio or Fivefish, or something else. Do you have any pics of the PSU? And lastly, do you have any advice regarding the PSU? Thanks! And awesome layout!

danjpiscina said:
Hi Benjamin. I'm trying to get parts together to build a few like this (2ch. 1RU) and was wondering how you went about building the power supply? Specifically whether you used something from JLM Audio or Fivefish, or something else. Do you have any pics of the PSU? And lastly, do you have any advice regarding the PSU? Thanks! And awesome layout!

Hi,

I'm using the JLM power supply in a seperate box. Nothing special in there.

Thanks to all for the kind words.

Benjamin

Latest posts

Back