Another One Bottle

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analag

One.jpg
This based on the 5965, and the Hammond 150H they have over there at Antique Electronics Supply.

Hahahaha, Analag got converted into chokes instead of SS CCS  ;) ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, I tried both Hammonds--60H and 150H versions with my own "one bottle" 6N1P. Both have quite high winding capacitance (the 150H is worse), so expect early high freq. roll off, which BTW, can be a nice thing for something. I ended up winding my own multichambered chokes.

Best, M

NewYorkDave said:
Mark, I remember that you're the one who told me about the Hammonds... over a couple of pints of Guinness  ;D

;D ;D ;D

Dat's rite!
I actually would not mind another couple (or three) pints in the same pub 8) or...

One bottle  :eek: :eek: :eek:

Best, M

Marik said:
Hahahaha, Analag got converted into chokes instead of SS CCS   ;) ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, I tried both Hammonds--60H and 150H versions with my own "one bottle" 6N1P. Both have quite high winding capacitance (the 150H is worse), so expect early high freq. roll off, which BTW, can be a nice thing for something. I ended up winding my own multichambered chokes.

Best, M

Care to share some info on this choke of yours, Marik? BTW I'm a Guiness and Heinekin kinda guy.

cool..another one.. ;)
..I've been looking at N.Y.Dave's one for some time, so I guess I must build one of either Dave's or this one soon.. (probably Dave's since I have all the parts..) ;D

one question thou... the 10uF cap in the feedbackloop ( or C5/22uF in Dave's onebottle). why is it not after the ouput cap(before the transformer)?...that would let me use a lower voltage part( and possibly let the loop compensate for any imperfections in a sheaper part?..)

you booth put it on the same place, direcly on the plate, so I'm guessing there is something I don't know/understand

thank's
johan

..and by the way...thank's booth of you for all the great projects over the years..

analag said:
Marik said:
Hahahaha, Analag got converted into chokes instead of SS CCS   ;) ;D ;D ;D

Best, M

Care to share some info on this choke of yours, Marik?

Sure, no probs. Gapped 80% 675EI, four chambered, #37 (IIRC, need to check on that) each chamber until filled. Got about 120H--plenty for my tube. Since then I've got a CNC winder, so could squize whether about 10% more turns, or use thicker wire to drop DCR.

BTW I'm a Guiness and Heinekin kinda guy.

Dang, vhere iz da Guiness emoticon  8) 8) 8) :guiness: :guiness: :guiness:

Johan said:
one question thou... the 10uF cap in the feedbackloop ( or C5/22uF in Dave's onebottle). why is it not after the ouput cap(before the transformer)?...that would let me use a lower voltage part( and possibly let the loop compensate for any imperfections in a sheaper part?..)

With the 10uF after the 2.2uF these two capacitances would be in series before the feedback loop. To simplify, we can say that the capacitance in series acts like resistance in parallel, and both caps need to be much larger.

http://www.play-hookey.com/dc_theory/series_capacitors.html

Marik said:

If what I'm looking at is correct, feedback should reduce the need for such high inductance. What's your take on that.

analag said:
Marik said:

If what I'm looking at is correct, feedback should reduce the need for such high inductance. What's your take on that.

Depends on what your low freq. response requirements, but since the feedback lowers the output impedance (and IIRC, the 5965 Rk is somewhere at the 7K ballpark, which is not bad to start with) for the same bass response you could lower the inductance and use thicker copper.

Best, M

Putting a complex reactance inside a feedback loop is a tricky proposition. It's been done, of course, but CAD isn't going to tell you the story unless your models are detailed enough.

NewYorkDave said:
Putting a complex reactance inside a feedback loop is a tricky proposition. It's been done, of course, but CAD isn't going to tell you the story unless your models are detailed enough.

And must be determined through experimentation. It's fairly obvious much feedback isn't needed.

newbie here.
long time gocker.

Can't wait to try this out !!!
i have a bunch of UTC 0-13's
50hy @ 3ma.
do u think these would work?

Latest posts

Back