Cheap wide angle lens

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this one was in Chicago. I was just passing by and the image was there. All I had to do was to press the shutter. The building behind looks completely artificial like a holywood set.

Attachments

• Untitled-217a.jpg
    Untitled-217a.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 48
I won't bore you to death. This is the last one. It is Houston, TX. My wife and I had our best holiday in Texas.

There is a saying here in Glasgow that to appreciate the architecture in Glasgow you should look up. In my view it applies to everywhere. We have a very close photographer friend who lives in New York. I asked him what  his advice would be to me, he said "always stick your camera where people have not been before". Great advice and it pays of.

Attachments

• Untitled-233a.jpg
    Untitled-233a.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 48
This was taken in Chiricahua National Monument, near Willcox, Ariz. This part of the park isn't the famous sky-island full of hoodoos, obviously. I used my Hasselblad 501C/M and 80 mm C lens; film was Fuji Velveetachrome 50.

The lighting is natural. You have to be in the right place at the right time. You get about five minutes of "sweet light" right before it's too dark.

agave-3x3.jpg

-a

I used to shoot a lot of t-max but I was sending the film to a lab to get developed.  I developed some myself in D-76 and the neg's turned out pink and it killed my fixer.  It's my understanding you need t-max chemistry to do it right?

here is the deal...you have 2 basic black and white film grain types. This is referring to the actual grain in the halide. Its almost like binary code...on or off...
There is panchromatic and T-grain.
Tri-x is pan film along with ilford's x and hp series film...
tmax is like the ilford delta grain.

t-grain is already a "fine grain" where as the pan films are more based on contrast.
d76 and hc110(which are similar, but hc110 much better to use and has more subtle character to the shadow/highlight on good paper).
rodinal is a fine grain develper..
t-max is fine grain, but only made for the t-max(im sure others have tried it elsewhere).
If you use rodinal in high contrast tri-x you get some of the grain(although fine and beautiful) of tmax, but the higher contrast latitude of pan film.
T-max with rodinal is grain X2...meaning it will be really grainy and kinda spotty.

this picture was tmax 400, i ran it through some rodinal for fun before i sold off my darkroom equipt and then used my film scanner(cleaned it up a tad in PS as well).
l_bbdbbbacc30c7ce4187ebd5e9992250b.jpg

it doesnt look like i have much if any film images on my flickr thing....but i have some great shots on LSD in chicago i did in 4x4.5 on plus-x(125 iso) developed with rodinal.

mrphotodude said:
....but i have some great shots on LSD in chicago i did in 4x4.5 on plus-x(125 iso) developed with rodinal.

You took shots on Lake Shore Drive? Must have been hard dodging all those cars.  :D

We all use the LSD a lot here, to get to work or higher planes of consciousness.

well...not ON lsd but walking around the city and hanging on the beachfronts and such.
michigan ave, down and such....down aways.
I spent most of my life near chicago so i would shoot up there sometimes...

LSD...shoot up.....
i sound like hunter s thompson!

Latest posts

Back