2MB flash USB memory, where do I find it?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Val_r

Hi,

Recently I bought a Tektronix 2002b digital storage oscilloscope.

Surprisingly I read from manual that the front panel usb port is compatible only with a maximum 2Mb flash memory!

Is it still possible to find that?

Any hints?

::)

perhaps it is possible to format any flash memory to have 2mb partition and rest of the memory unused? but I'd check if it works with the one you have cause I use 2Gb pendrive with tektronix oscilloscope and it works fine.

hey, apparently it's a typo in manual, it shoud say 2Gb:
http://www.tek.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=244

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply!

I deeply hoped that it was a typo!!!
2Gb are easy to find.
I will try to create a 2gb partition as you suggested.
Thanks again.

Respect,
Val

michal_k said:
perhaps it is possible to format any flash memory to have 2mb partition and rest of the memory unused?

After I googled partitioning a pendrive, I tried to do what you suggested, since I have a 8 Gb pen stick, so plenty of room for a 2Gb partition.
It seems that no software is able to do that.
I tried PartitionMagic 8, partition manager, from disc manager under Windows, but no luck.
Only hard drives were recognized, not my pendrive.

Some suggest to do that with fdisk under DOS.
I have never tried that, I do not know if it is possible to get FAT32 partitions....

Any lucky pendrive partitioner around?

Respect,
Val

So you're using windows, right? honestly I haven't been working with this system for quite a few years now so I have no idea what tools you can use.

Back