EMI TG1

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fablab

Hello
I am searching for EMI TG1 and EMI TG12413 schematics
Any ::) info welcome

no schematics (i don't think)  - but lots of detailed information in "Recording The Beatles": http://www.recordingthebeatles.com/
good luck, Ben

Thank you
As I have read that these machines are intended to replicate the Fairchild sound, I am searching for these schematics to understand how this is possible.
The Fairchild 660 has a very complex circuit with many tubes ... ???

edit: ...this thread should be deleted too.
kinda makes me ill after all the drama and intensity from the other one.

There are a lot of important schematics around (Neve, Trident, Altec, SSL) but nothing about EMI TG series ???

Fablab said:
There are a lot of important schematics around (Neve, Trident, Altec, SSL) but nothing about EMI TG series ???

EMI was all about in house and custom design, the TG consoles were never a commercial product, hence no public documentation, and we have to respect that fact.

Neve, Trident & SSL are all commercial products with all the info needed to service the respected products.

What do you want to know?

I'd like to know how it works ... I have read many things about this compressor (it sounds like a Fairchild, etc.)

Fablab said:
I'd like to know how it works ... I have read many things about this compressor (it sounds like a Fairchild, etc.)

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=6481

Thank you very much ... but the link for the schematic doesn't work :mad:
Anyway, have a nice weekend

maybe with the same disappointment I do?

If you read around here a bit more (Edit - might have very recently been deleted) you will have seen a few posts from Wade (Chandler).

respect present production models, items in the full public domain are one thing, but current production models should be treated with full respect. We dont want this place being given the 'pirate bay' treatment due to copyright infringement do we

Iain

fazeka said:
speakercoil said:
What about trying to find schematics for the chandler one... That is a public product!

-Grant

I don't quite know how to react to this...  ???

I do......Not cool :-\
The other thread still exists but is locked.
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=6481.0
Just read the last few pages ;)

Cheers
James

lofi said:
maybe with the same disappointment I do?

If you read around here a bit more (Edit - might have very recently been deleted) you will have seen a few posts from Wade (Chandler).

respect present production models, items in the full public domain are one thing, but current production models should be treated with full respect. We dont want this place being given the 'pirate bay' treatment due to copyright infringement do we

Iain

Ahhh... Good call. Sorry about that guys. I am not up to date on copyright law when it concerns schematics. I am kind of a schematics database over here... I figured since it was a clone of an old unit that it would fall under the public domain category. Sort of like if someone does a cover of a song in the Public Domain, you can cover their version of that song and it doesn't change the fact that it is public domain for you... In other words if I were to cover The Animals version of "House of the Rising Sun", the animals could not sue me because the song is technically public domain despite me copying their style of it. So I dunno, I guess I figured it was along the same lines. Since it is supposed to be an exact copy of the original (or near exact), I figured it would fall under the same copyright laws. Unlike if it were say something completely unique like... I dunno the Glory Comp or something.

Sorry about that... Didn't realize I was suggesting something illegal or unethical. I guess this why I don't see any clone circuit boards for Helios 69's since they are in reproduction? I was wondering why I could never find any good DIY sites with it... I mean I know you can find the old Schematics, but can't find anyone who has designed a circuit for it.

Anyway sorry about all of this. On that note I agree it shouldn't be posted. However I will say that Chandler makes a HELL of a product. I  have gotten the pleasure of hearing a lot of their gear... Drool worthy for sure! So I can see the want to build a DIY of the original EMI stuff.

-Grant

OH... Also I was figuring the copyright stuff worked like music in the sense that if it is not for financial gain than it is fair game... For example anything that IS copyrighted is technically legal for "educational purposes", which technically DIY is exactly that! Unless you plan on making a company to clone these things. I guess that's why I didn't see harm in it. However I see the sticky area where you can say "well you are going to use it to record records which are for financial gain"... Which is the counter argument. Either way I will say that you are right and it should be respected. I guess right now I am just defending my ignorance in the copyright law right now. Without clear understanding it is easy to have no idea what is or isn't legal with schematics.

-Grant

Back