question about starting a thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scenaria

would anyone object to one thread being started for those that are building la2a's? in particular I know some peeps who have the bloo ones will probably want to post questions... I wanted to try and keep things clean and organized by using one thread... however, I know a few weeks ago there was some turmoil in here about this sorta stuff.. would anyone object? or should I keep it all in email?

thanks,

steve

I personally don't have a problem with it. It is DIY kit related much like other stuff here. building the kit, as far as I'm concerned, is a separate entity from any money dealings and should be allowed in this part of the forum.

my $.02

:thumb:

And wouldn't the posts apply to people NOT buying the kit also?

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Go ahead, Steve. If somebody gives you any shit I'll help you beat them up!

Peace,
Al.

yup

I just know with the kit being delivered that there will be more than usual interested in la2a issues....

but yea... obviously it would apply to anyone needing help with an la2a

during the last eruption I suggested it might be a good idea to start a new forum for discussing commercially available kits, I still think that would be a fine idea.

dave

I love the idea, especially since I'm considering this as my next project. As long as you don't solicit sales for the kits I don't think it's a problem, just link to your thread like you already do.

What?s the big deal? We could all learn from some Q & A about hand?s on building of LA2s ? no different than any other thread. I say ask Ethan. If he says it?s ok then go for it! For the record, I vote yes!

Man... This is some real bullshit right here.

[quote author="cayocosta"]I object.[/quote]

There's a bunch of threads dealing with commercial products, or kits/projects for which PCB's are being sold - I quickly counted 17 just on the front page. Why don't you go police those ones too?

[quote author="Scenaria"]alrighty then... I'll keep it in email...[/quote]

Steve, I never bought your kit, but I love the LA2 and would love to have as much info on it as possible. If you make an e-mailing list for it, I would love to be included. Please?

I don't know if it's the election, the weather or what, but lately I've been having a harder and harder time refraining from letting the expletives fly on this board!

Peace,
Al.

I think it might be best to keep it in email... the reason for not doing it in the black market is because inevitably "the lab" will see postings from builders as the tendancy is to only look in the black market for things for sale... but if I tell all of the builders to do it via email then all will be fine... I didnt want this place to end up with a bunch of little threads asking about this and that...(hence the idea of just creating one thread for all la2 builders)

thanks for the input...

Al,

You should show your fellow members a little more respect when you disagree with an opinion.

The thread posed a question, and I answered truthfully.

Kev,

This topic has a history going back to June - It was discussed at length then and a solution was arrived at. You can search the early June threads for a better understanding of the issue and its complexity.

Steve,

Shame on you for re-opening this topic.

Gentlemen - respectfully,

Ron

Another yes vote for a thread, it will be educational, it's on topic, and what harm can it cause really? It will add to the knowledge and experience base of the forum in the end.

[quote author="cayocosta"]Kev,

This topic has a history going back to June - It was discussed at length then and a solution was arrived at. You can search the early June threads for a better understanding of the issue and its complexity. [/quote]

:shock:

:roll:

... are you suggesting there is a thread here that I DON'T know about ????

I don't look at the Black Market and right from day one, I said I wouldn't.

If I've got a question and I have access to a forum I'll ask it. It could be a G9 question ( which would be funny coming from me ! ) or it could be a Seventh Circle ... or a JLM ( I probably have better access to answers to JLM than here though )
or it could be a Bloo !
or whatever ...

If I can't
I'll go else where
... or ...
make a place where the question can be asked.

... but then being Australia I guess I'm just like that.
I won't be bullied.

Sorry Ethan ... I'm stirring again ... :roll:

Would a general LA2A thread be acceptable? There are threads and metas for 1176, API, etc. There's obviously some long story that I'm missing, but if more than two people are working on a project doesn't that warrant a thread?

Since its an exact clone of an La2a, just start a discussion on LA2A's which we've had here in the past without anyone shitting a brick. People have no trouble discussing ad naseum the 7th circle kits of neve clones and now api clones, so while it may be annoying to read them if you are completely against the idea the recent 7th circle thread spun out into a cool discourse on the 2520, so its not so terrible but I have felt these threads somewhat out of place in the lab especially considering there is a support forum on the 7th circle site.

It would be nice to have a forum for commercial projects which would free up the lab for development talk and leaving the black market a forum for ads, but here we go with this discussion again.

At the end of the day, its a freaking la2a with blue paint on it and while some guy might be profiteering on some work put into sourcing parts, its still an La2a and a far cry from some other kits that are discussed here without creating a stir in the tidepool.

I think a new "kit" forum would make everyone happy though, I never really understood what the main objection of that was. We seem to have spent a lot of energy recently on how to organize things here without any real changes being made either in structure or attitude, would be wonderful to be done with this issue for once one way or another.

dave

I didnt want any thing stirred up..... I noticed a few recent la2a posts asking questions... I was afraid of an increase in Q&A.. rather than pissing anyone off I felt the right thing was to ask if a single thread would be alright... not even related to bloo but rather la2a's in general... as dave stated theres no difference between a blue one or any other color for that matter.

non the less this thread should end here...

im going to go on and setup a support forum elsewhere... this should keep everyone happy :green:

didnt mean to bust open the hornets nest... just figured we had 1176 threads, api threads etc.... but no la2

yea well

:roll:

Latest posts

Back