Bo Hansen Tube DI?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SonsOfThunder

[quote author="Bo Hansén"]Yes, I let you know when it ready.

This tube DI-box is one of the forerunner to my TDB-1, but it is a prototype since 10 years ago, so I must do a construction and drawing for DIY use.

--Bo

TDB-1%20bild.jpg
[/quote]

Any progress on documention for DIY, Bo? :thumb:

Thanks!
Charlie

Hi Charlie,

I can feel the bump, but it is ok, because I need that some times.

Yes I have now design a nice simple DIY tube box, and I have recently receive a couple of output transformers types that I must choose one of, the nice thing is that this transformers is very easy to get over the world and they are cheap, not the best transformer but they can have a nice character for guitar and base use.

I need some more time before it is ready for DIY, maybe around Christmas/NewYear time.

--Bo

[quote author="Bo Hansén"]I can feel the bump, but it is ok, because I need that some times.[/quote] Bo,
Thanks for your quick reply. I am just trying to cheer you on the greater DIY! :thumb: I need some cheering on on some of my projects as well. Looking forward to posting something later today.

Please keep us posted on this interesting project!
Charlie

Whoops,

I am a little reserved for this project, because my other DIY DI box with just two transistors few resistors and capacitors, and that is almost total proof to get to work, over the years has resulted in thousands of questions and problems.

The Tube DI-box is more difficult to build, partly because it is a "point to point" and that it includes a power supply with stabilized high voltage and rectified filament voltage.

Therefore, I am afraid it will be even more question and problems, and I have no time right now with this.

Me and my company is retiring this year, so maybe a little later in the future I can get involved and have time with this project.

Best from
--Bo--

Bo Hansen said:
Whoops,

I am a little reserved for this project, because my other DIY DI box with just two transistors few resistors and capacitors, and that is almost total proof to get to work, over the years has resulted in thousands of questions and problems.

Therefore, I am afraid it will be even more question and problems, and I have no time right now with this.

I totally understand that Bo,
actually a lot people give up bringing new projects because each time you wan to offer something even if it's simple and foolproof you will be bombard with messages and emails.

I guess the only way if to have really clear documentations and step by step guides in the begging of the project and then don't
take any responsibility for the support, just leave the support for a public thread were you chime sometimes in if you want or if you can.
Although the documentation an step by step guides can take a lot of time and energy to do.

I just wish you can have time for it in the future and I'm sure will be an interesting and useful project like your current DI is.

So you're retiring this year, any plans for some nice travels?

thank you

Back