Motorized valve repair (radiant heating)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm going to order the Omron replacements this evening.  Even if the original switches were just crap (a distinct possibility) I want to reduce the arcing problem so I'll at least install the big R across AC.

Gus--my boiler isn't Weil-McLain...I can't remember the brand.  It's the smallest thing I could buy and is still oversized for my application so it cycles too frequently.  No forced induction, no modulation, not a condensing type, but it does have electronic ignition.  My installer (great guy--retired a few years back) tried to talk me into a Munchkin ultra-efficient forced induction, modulating, condensing, boiler.  But it was significantly more $$ and we were running short of funds on the remodel at that point.  I probably should have done it given the price of LP these last couple of years.

MOSFET switch with opto-coupled gate drive could be done off-board.  Can you send me the sketch?  I'll PM.

Cheers,
A P

Latest posts

Back