Prototyping

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analag

I have become so busy I can no longer do my own prototyping....how many of you share the same predicament and how many want to help out, or step up. Which ever comes first.

I'm not really working on a daily job so i have enough time to work on proto...
btw i'm waiting on a proto i order this week!!..
I'm working on a Pultec pcb.....i;m thinking to put 2 in a 1U rack.

analag said:
I have become so busy I can no longer do my own prototyping....how many of you share the same predicament and how many want to help out, or step up. Which ever comes first.
same situation here my friend :mad:
it gets even worse once the prototype is done :eek:
my little secret: still haven't been able to even finish my personal final poorman ...
it is still in prototype stage  ::)
but I will restart working on your next project in a few weeks (too much to do at work at the moment),
just to have an excuse not to finish my poorman ...  ;D

They say "carpenter never has a door in his house". My dad was an electrician and had electrical engineering business with two of my brothers also being electrical engineers working in the same business, plus at least another ten sparks that worked for them. Our doorbell did not work for about ten years until we had to move house and get it fixed as we had to hand over the house to the landlord.

I have been earning a living from prototyping somebody else's work for non stop 25 years and yet I have to finish my mic-amps. The cases are ready but the PCBs are still to be populated.

Proud to be following my dad's footstep  ;D.

I built a studio because I loved recording, ended up with me in the control room only when there was a problem or the tape machine needed alignment. Started teching to keep my own stuff running and start designing cool things, now I spend my free time keeping stuff running for others or selling my cool things to distant studios.

I'm gonna start a wind farm with all this hot air. The ever renewable resource of self pity.

At least we've got marketable skills, and in communications no less. I have to think of all the people with communications bachelors that can't get a poke in the eye these days.

Still

My studio is working but I only go there when there is a problem or I'm testing some new thingy I made. I feel inspired to do a API500 type FET transformer (in/out) pre with switchable options...maybe.

why not working on the Tube stuff while waiting for the "new racks" ;D
for tube projects, the "new racks" are not comfortable :'(

an analag 500 series module is temping for sure :)

but at first the the easter egg is coming, in tubes  ;D
at least it is my target ....

Well, I have just received your LA2 boards from Gustav and I have six T4Bs. I can mount them on the board and put them aside for another year. ;D

Anyhow, today we have canibalised an Aphex rack to be used for the prototype of the 11 slot API 500 standard rack. Things are going well. You just hold on, I may post the images in three years time. ;D

i like options , versitile sounds good too

I think welcome and none to soon [ neither late with other projects  ]
the options will allow creativity & cost consiousness i presume ,
thanks for choice

o.k. who's gonna finnish first ?

okgb said:
i like options , versitile sounds good too

I think welcome and none to soon [ neither late with other projects  ]
the options will allow creativity & cost consiousness i presume ,
thanks for choice

o.k. who's gonna finnish first ?

I'm gonna have a drink to that...but analag is fast, that's why a prototyper might be needed.

Latest posts

Back