2254C build/support thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well gosh, look at all this hullabaloo.

i was VERY meticulous about making sure i was putting the right parts in the right spots on the pcb.  the caps i have left vs. the values marked on the remaining pcb vacancies reflect much more of a discrepancy than +/- 2%.  also, my kit WAS missing two 47K resistor, two 130 resistors, and about TEN of those molex connectors.  yes, ten.  i wasn't going to make a huge stink about this in the main thread, because i know igor does a lot around here and didn't want to publicly crucify him for what may just be a silly mistake, but i PM'd and emailed him a week ago and have heard nothing in return.  some of the components i have left are WAYYYYY off the values marked on the PCB and BOM and some of the components i just don't know how to identify.  so all things considered i think i'm doing pretty effing good at not needing someone to hold my DIY-virgin hand through this whole thing.  would it help if i posted pics of the components I have left?  i'm just at a standstill and would like to at least get these caps figured out while i'm waiting for igor to acknowledge my missing pieces.

and also, whoever made the legos comment, just so you know, i laughed out loud and woke up my fiance when i read that.  and also tried to think about how one could build a DIY enclosure out of legos.  talk about a conversation piece for your studio. 

Client:
"what did your kid make that for you or something?"
You:
"no, that's our bus compressor, your whole mix is running through that."
Client:
"weird."

Hi RightOnMusic,

yeah I think the lego thing went straight over his head..

any hoo, sure post some pics of what you have left and we can tell you what they are no problem..

Pete

RightOnMusic said:
i was VERY meticulous about making sure i was putting the right parts in the right spots on the pcb.  the caps i have left vs. the values marked on the remaining pcb vacancies reflect much more of a discrepancy than +/- 2%.  also, my kit WAS missing two 47K resistor, two 130 resistors, and about TEN of those molex connectors.  yes, ten.  i wasn't going to make a huge stink about this in the main thread, because i know igor does a lot around here and didn't want to publicly crucify him for what may just be a silly mistake, but i PM'd and email......................................

hi rightonmusic
i agree partially to you,
Igor is a "great" noble guy.........(that Share .. and sell too)
as i posted , my parts troubles is a problem caused by shipping guys,
i don't pretend replacement,
asked only fiew info about parts specs.
"L E G O" can be a good name for Nice New Professional Pro Audio TOY..
have nice beers
8)

SIXTYNINER said:
KAM :
not able to solder ?
WANT YOU JOKING ?
ME NOT!!!!!!
8)

i dont understand asking help for switches on this project... as its quoted before, this is not entirely a beginners project.
so, asking help on switches is a little odd...

there still isnt a wiring guide on first page... as you dont really need one. everything is clearly marked on all PCBs.
only one pair of cable needs to be shielded, and its pointed by Igor... even though, it doesnt have to be shielded... twisted cables works just fine too...

if you do little reading, you wouldnt be so frustrated as you are now.
and its clear that, Peter from sinestaraudio were helping you, up until your lawyer issue.
i remember sending clear instructions as much as i could too.

i have updated the wiring guide for tranies too, just for you....
which you could find out your self, just by reading carnhill transformer guide, and the schematic. only confusing part was
interstage tranie, and its wiring guide posted by me, long time ago.

besides of all that, this is a DIY forum, NOT MONEY SAVING forum. there is a huge difference between DIY and commercial shopping. i, my self dont freaking need 2254c, nor sontec. i am not gonna make better music just because i made them.
but, its good fun, and affordable fun, and some internet socializing. i might even go visit Igor, when i get some free time.

if you wanna save just $$$ without any trouble, research, reading, i suggest you watch ebay, and save yourself trouble here on prodigy :)

after all, your tranie wiring guide is up,
pictures from Igor are just fine.
what else you really need... you need to send pictures and ask for help....

kam

well ok, here goes:

first off, here are the vacancies I have yet to fill on the main PCB:

C3" - 4n7
C4" - 680u
C'4/C"4 - 80u
C'7/C"7 - 47
C'17/C"17 - 400u
CZ - 10n

I assume C10 stays empty...

and here's a pic of said vacancies:
Vacancies.jpg

and here are the components left in my kit:  (obviously, i have two sets of these components, these are what i have left per channel)
Caps.jpg

also, sixtyniner, here is a pic of where my control pcbs are currently at.  is this what you were looking for?
CTRLpcb.jpg

sorry for the huge pics, i just wanted the values to be easily read.  i'll get rid of the huge pics once it's all sorted out.

OK ROMusic,

Here is one mistake, that brown electrolytic CAP on the com_recovery is wrong, take that out and put that square flat black you have in there instead, that black flat one is 47u Tant.

EDIT then put the brown 47uf you have kust taken out and put it on the main board C"7

you probably be fnie with putting the spare 470uf in C17, but if you are doing an order anyway...

1000uf 25v on top  second to left where 680uf marked C4"

4n7f = your yellow cap .0047k

black requare one is your tant, goes to controller board.... as Pete mentioned...

red wima goes next to molex connection on right...

n/a means leave it empty :)

more to come....

EDIT : 330/25 top left c"17
EDIT : 47uf elect on your controller goes to bottom right c'7
EDIT : 100uf/50v goes to c'4.... in front of orange/yellow cap

also as Kambo says That yellow .0047 goes into C3"

I had some that did not fit, but Igor does say for some of them you can substitute similar values, how ever i order up the few that i needed from RS or Farnell..

Right On music you are almost there dude!

i didnt use the tant in kit either...

i think you are done... let us know if anything else is missing...

that was fast, wasnt it....

kam

EDIT : looks like you have some extra caps.... i had some extra too.... make sure, go through with part placement pdf again, and check every single component... it works on first fire, no problem... if you are going to use molex for tranies, wiring guide is back in some pages...

EDIT : Pete , could you just double check my part placements to make sure everything in its order... thanks

All Forums - Community
Are founded on the Sharing concept .
Hello - "KAMBO"
before all : many thanks for all info-helps , you gave and SHARED !

Below some reply  :) :

[/quote]
i dont understand asking help for switches on this project... as its quoted before, this is not entirely a beginners project.
so, asking help on switches is a little odd...
[/quote]

I don't asked really nothing about how to solder switches !
I asked to a "Uk Guy" (not to you ) and only as : SHARE ,
A MAIN PCB PICTURE , WITH PARTS PLACED CORRECTLY !
.....what have you read?
???

[/quote]
there still isnt a wiring guide on first page... as you dont really need one. everything is clearly marked on all PCBs.
[/quote]
* Sorry man !
Some other guys found differences between that signed on the pcb ,
and that on the scheme and on the bom list ,
then obviously and lawful asked what info , have to be keep as true/valid !
all here ,  :)

[/quote]
be so frustrated as ....................
[/quote]
* Sorry man ! really not frustraded for nothing !
only posted clearly what is :  "SHARE" and what is this forum !
and that have to be keeped in mind by "who"  only "suck" from this community.
all here
8)

[/quote]
Peter from sinestaraudio were helping.....
[/quote]
* For the same reason about "SHARING",  (also posted too)
first time i pmd to mr Pete , he reply me saying: i'm away in holyday....when i come back
i send you all " that you need" etc.......(i said :many thanks mr Pete)
i pm to mr Pete  20 days after .........
finally he reply : i don't have info about , i don't understand.........
oops   ???
before he said : i send you all that you need.......
later he said : i don't have info about ....
Mr Pete if do not want "Share" info , say it before .
no problem!
and be happy.
;D

[/quote]
lawyer issue.
[/quote]
* If you read well , It's not direct to you.
but simply meant as playful way : if nobody reply or post info etc.... ,
who can do it , the "lawyer" ?
all here
8)

[/quote]
i have updated the wiring guide for tranies too, just for you....
[/quote]
* Yeah , many many thanks !!!   ;)
for me (that i asked , if someone do something about)
but after you posted the wiring "info" Also all the other "people" that sucks info from this forum and don't SHARE ,
and not even say thanks! ("strange world" internet)  
Anyway i really appreciated and said : MANY THANKS !
8)

[/quote]
this is a DIY forum, NOT MONEY SAVING forum. there is a huge difference between DIY and commercial shopping.
i, my self dont freaking need 2254c, nor sontec. ..................
[/quote]
* YESSSSSSSS i agree , a really precious diy forum : born , founded, and become that it is ,
ONLY AND ONLY thanks to the :  SHARE - SHARING concept !
that give possibility to the "People",  ......... (...Robyn Hood  ;D  )
to get for "fews" Moneys $$$ ,
nice expensive audio "pieces" - "tools" ,
necessary for work , for hobby,
also for "Certain people" for get $$$ ,
8)

[/quote]
pictures from Igor are just fine.
[/quote]
*Sorry man !
But at today: August 02, 2009, many pictures posted by igor (at the start of this "conference"),
are "wrong",
for example the picture about main pcb with parts it's different then that shipped to me.
8)

[/quote]
what else you really need... you need to send pictures and ask for help....
[/quote]
*just done man !  ;)
I posted pictures with details i have (check preview pages),
also posted all my "little" helps i got ,
as ever , and as i want to do (SHARE) ever in the future !
8)

KAMBO
Have a really nice , much of all that you like !

man are you a terrorist or some thing?!.

I think it is very evident that you are hard to understand, this is my problem with you, i do not understand your English..

Man it’s a shame this thread has gone to rat shiz..there really was no need for it, i have tried to help you, even just a few posts above if you care to look.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but i think what SIXTYNINER wants is a detailed photo of all PCBs with the parts FROM THE KIT on them.

SIXTYNINER, so far no one has this.  People who have completed this project have used parts OTHER than the ones in the kit, so their pictures wouldn't be what you're looking for (a sort of paint-by-numbers DIY, if you will?).

Guys, thank you so much for your help with the caps.  Now all I need is for Igor to get back to me about the missing pieces (which I'll probably just end up having to source myself even though I paid for them as part of the kit...) and I need to stuff the PSU board.  Is there a BOM for the PSU?  
I am very grateful to have this wonderful resource available to me and I am grateful for all of you.  I love building this stuff and am looking forward to learning more about how it all works.

RightOnMusic said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but i think what SIXTYNINER wants is a detailed photo of all PCBs with the parts FROM THE KIT on them.

SIXTYNINER, so far no one has this.  People who have completed this project have used parts OTHER than the ones in the kit, so their pictures wouldn't be what you're looking for (a sort of paint-by-numbers DIY, if you will?).

Guys, thank you so much for your help with the caps.  Now all I need is for Igor to get back to me about the missing pieces (which I'll probably just end up having to source myself even though I paid for them as part of the kit...) and I need to stuff the PSU board.  Is there a BOM for the PSU?  
I am very grateful to have this wonderful resource available to me and I am grateful for all of you.  I love building this stuff and am looking forward to learning more about how it all works.

visit the 33609 thread. psu is the same.

i make it easier for you :)
PSU
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=26218.msg317261#msg317261

RightOnMusic said:
hi
RightOnMusic ,thanks for post!
I asked exclusively this :
someone can post some "cool" picture , about tested pcb , with "right" parts fitted ?
(as help for anybody that need it)

nothing else !

do you think 4-5 university bachelors ,are required for understand it ?

Another forum member "pmd" me , this message:
don't worry man... ,  too many damaged drugs around the world !
nothing change until they don't change the "pusher" ......
"crazy things"........
 ???
dear RightOnMusic  , hope you have a nice day.
cheers as always

Latest posts

Back