2254C build/support thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Igor said:
MMMM...Thank YOU for patience and carefully checking the resistors :)
As you see, I did nothing. Now, to com_threshold switch?
;)

Thanks Igor for the support !
Make up is working now ! trshld had  bad lorlin :( I changed the lorlin and trshld works too :)
Great ! I am happy :)))

Well, this makes me happy too :)
Pass the test procedure - even if already done - just to be at save point, again, tell us about sound, enjoy!
This week, can dedicate more time to support threads etc, let's move to fix your MixBuzz1?

Igor said:
Well, this makes me happy too :)
Pass the test procedure - even if already done - just to be at save point, again, tell us about sound, enjoy!
This week, can dedicate more time to support threads etc, let's move to fix your MixBuzz1?

Thanks again !
I'm ready to go :)
Cheers,

PS : I'll post some new 2254Cs picture :)

So.... I checked, notifications on MixBuzz1 build thread are On, when you write here, I will know it :)
(Sorry for OT)

Guys, how's your 2254C build progress going on? Now have more time to forum stuff, so...use it!
:)

Igor said:
So.... I checked, notifications on MixBuzz1 build thread are On, when you write here, I will know it :)
(Sorry for OT)

Guys, how's your 2254C build progress going on? Now have more time to forum stuff, so...use it!
:)

I changed the Vu meters :) and knobs :)
it works and love it ! Thanks Mr Igor

-6.jpg

-5.jpg

-4.jpg

-3.jpg

-2.jpg

-1.jpg

Looking great Jandoste!

I wish mine looked like that - I've been using it for almost a year with no case at all, just screwed onto a piece of wood! hahha  I'll have to post a picture ;D

Can't take it out of the studio, even to put it in a case - it sounds too good.

I've used my 2254c on a bunch of mixes, found it really useful so far. My favourite DIY compressor. A few tracks i've used it on should be released in the near future - I'll try to post some links!

I actually just delivered the a final mix tonight - I was using it on my INST bus (all instruments, i.e. everything that isn't drums or vocals) - really works well to glue things together. I need to make more!!

Thanks IGOR!!!

haima said:
Looking great Jandoste!

I wish mine looked like that - I've been using it for almost a year with no case at all, just screwed onto a piece of wood! hahha  I'll have to post a picture ;D

Can't take it out of the studio, even to put it in a case - it sounds too good.

I've used my 2254c on a bunch of mixes, found it really useful so far. My favourite DIY compressor. A few tracks i've used it on should be released in the near future - I'll try to post some links!

I actually just delivered the a final mix tonight - I was using it on my INST bus (all instruments, i.e. everything that isn't drums or vocals) - really works well to glue things together. I need to make more!!

Thanks IGOR!!!

Thanks Igor & Haima
I have never get the 2254C's sound with any hardware/software :) I'm so happy with this baby ! and hope I'll build  + four :)
Thanks Igor ! I use my 2254C for vocal/ drum/guitar/ Piano/ etc etc !
cheers,

Yep. Classics with a bit simplified assembly.
Should sound good, when done with good components and assembled by good hands with love :)

I have a lot of extra 1n4153's that I just got in the mail if anyone needs them. The issue is, I am not entirely sure that they are 1n4153's. They are orange with a blue band around them. They are fatter than 1n4148's, but look very similar. My main concern is the measurement. I have measured 50 of them so far, and they all measure between 0.593 and 0.598 on my DMM's diode test function. Could be my DMM sucks (it was cheap), so I am going to borrow my buddies fluke to see if things change.

If they are the real deal, then I have a lot of extras! If you need 1n4153's, I can send you some once i have confirmed that they are good.

That's good! My 1n4153's measuring 0.730 ....  0.770 with workbench Flike, btw, but the current can be different.
The idea is to match diodes by current @ say 0.5 and 0.05 ma. I wrote here about test jig (5V supply, 1k and 10k, switch).

Igor said:
That's good! My 1n4153's measuring 0.730 ....  0.770 with workbench Flike, btw, but the current can be different.
The idea is to match diodes by current @ say 0.5 and 0.05 ma. I wrote here about test jig (5V supply, 1k and 10k, switch).

Cool igor. I will look for that test jig and set it up on my breadboard. Re-tested with a fluke, and they are all measuring the same. Anyways, I'll retest on the jig.

I finished 2254c today,  a few ground issue related to output pins, marked 1=hot 2=gnd 3=cold on board (I used standard xlr pinout on this)  then i discover my mistake and everything is ok. Not hum at all.

The sound is BEST !!!  Im really happy with this.  This type of compression and sonic character was I looking for a long time.
Congratulations Igor !

The 2254c sounds great doesn't it!

Glad you got it working DAN_00  ;)

And Igor, can't thank you enough for this great project - I better buy some more boards before the good word spreads further and you run out!

Haima

hey
thinking to get a 2254 "Gun-pressor" (  ::)  )
checked many pages ,docs , etc....
(to see if i can make it by myself...)
but , for some "doubt" i have not more found the answer ,like :
(excuse me if i ask here)

in the bom doc i found some resistor part signed in this way:
R'11
R"10
R3"
(almost all 2% MF 0,25w)
then the symbols : '
and : "

indicate a particular type of resistor , like:
0,1% or 0,01% , "flame retardant" etc.... ,
or all resistor can be standard type (1-2% 0,25w..) ?
peace

ps
question is why
on some image about finished 2254c
i see different type of resistor placed
("mainboard" and "controls board")

Thanks "Jandoste" !
you done correct part placement ,
(sorry , probably i explained evil)

but at the rear/back of pcb (solder side)
the holes are very very close
(resistors "meet point")
for example between the 33ohm and 51ohm resistors (com-mkup)
the holes/plots  , seem united (so close)
(see image attached)
then also the other resistors "meet points" can be united,
or have to be separated ?

peace
(all over)

Attachments

• 2254-c-pcb-front-back-res.jpg
    2254-c-pcb-front-back-res.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 40
Back