FET HELP - CROSS REF's

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jollyted

Need help trying to find replacements for the following FET's used in our 24 track audio cards (3M M79's)....

2N4343
2N4342

These FET's are so old that I can't even find data sheets on them!

Any help finding and equiv. is appreciated !

Thanks, TW

Old, perhaps. Rare, I think not. These are still common FETs. You can buy them at Mouser, AlliedElec, Newark and MCM Electronics just to mention a few places. I buy them all the time.

Tamas

Thanks Tamas...

But Newark, Mouser, Digi-Key, Allied, MCM, Brill, and all the usual sources do not have these FET's available, nor do they have datasheets.

NTE also does not offer a cross reference and the tech dept. states they have no cross or datasheets on these FET's as they are 30 + years old and discontinued.

If we can locate some NOS parts or even someone with a data bood or spec sheet, then at lease we can proceed to find similar devices.

Thanks, TW

Yes, P-channel JFETs are getting rare.
Looking at the J271 and J177 datasheets most important parameters are fairly close. I doubt that they were running the originals at more than a few mA because they cannot dissipate more than 200mW. Pinouts may differ.

Back