Problem with GSSL built with DBX 202C (gold cans), only works on bypass?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc Girard

Hello all,

Just finished building another GSSL.  After my 2 first successful attempts, my 3rd one is behaving weird.  I built it with DBX 202C gold cans.  I thought it might be nice and sound a little more raunchy.  Who knows...

I got no sound at all, except when I'm in bypass mode.  Now, could it be my NE3354/NE3352 and the input/output stage behaving weird?  The fact that the bypass switch works, does it mean that my input/output stages are working OK?  Might be faulty cans?  (Both sides?  That'd be weird).  Anyway, I'm not an expert troubleshooter, any help would be appreciated! 

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!

Marc Girard
www.marcgirard.com

isn't bypass on a GSSL just cutting out the variable control CV and putting full CV to the VCAs to make them fully open?

in that case, you have a faulty cv circuit or surrounds. Either signal isn't getting to it, or it's not working at all, or signal is not getting to the VCAs

do you have a cro? if not, maybe sending bursts of sound into the unit, and then using a setting with fast attack, slow release, a voltmeter will show you what the CV circuit is doing.

Latest posts

Back