moltenwok

Well obviously you'll get your money back as you've lodged a PayPal claim, it's unfortunate that you haven't received the meters. So this exercise of helping people obtain parts will now have cost me over 400 dollars, where I simply could have just got my own.... Cheers

Well obviously you'll get your money back as you've lodged a PayPal claim, it's unfortunate that you haven't received the meters. So this exercise of helping people obtain parts will now have cost me over 400 dollars, where I simply could have just got my own.... Cheers
although I made a request on paypal, as the transaction is more than 4 months old. Paypal can not do anything for me.
So I will ask you to send me the amount of 100USD to the following address: xarolium(at)hotmail(dot)com

Thank you

jefepeters

Apologies if this was already posted, but I just noticed Hayseed Hamfest has listed a capacitor kit for this project: https://hayseedhamfest.com/products/ua-176

Apologies if this was already posted, but I just noticed Hayseed Hamfest has listed a capacitor kit for this project: https://hayseedhamfest.com/products/ua-176

I hope I do not steal the Topic, but I think it is good idea to try Group buy for capacitor set:

If there is enough of us from Germany ( mybe even rest of the EU). We can even save some shippment money, if we order alltogether. I run a small a company with all the necisties for importing out of the U.S. and VAT registration, which should make all the process even cheaper for us. So PM me if you would 100% go for groupbuy so I can ask about special pricing.

cheers Jan

This is starting to be a loooong time....?

Any updates? Thanks!

rainton

Sorry for the delay again folks,

In the meantime, after having the faceplates manufactured for the 2nd time I went through every single panel - and still more than 20 were not living up to my expectations.
So I had them re-done - for the third time(!)

The manufacturer told me that they were delivering German industry standard (which is actually rather high), but if that wasn’t enough for me, I should look for another supplier in the future...

Anyway, I received word yesterday that the 3rd run of faceplates was finished and the quality is supposedly very good.

They are on the way here now.
If they are all ok, the entire bunch is going to the printing house again and hopefully ready for shipping end of next week.

We’ll see. After all I went through with this project, I still try to stay optimistic.
So far it was the most obstacles I experienced with any of the projects I did so far.

The good thing is, that the chassis came out absolutely perfect - powder coating is flawless & the overall quality is outstanding!
To shorten the wait some pics of the actual production chassis with mounting brackets for the 1/4" jacks and the meter switch - I'll take some pics of the turret boards and pcbs when I'm at the studio tomorrow :)

« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 11:32:11 AM by rainton »

Looks Great!!!!
Nice work!!!!
Thanks,
John

ilfungo

Great WORK!!!

moltenwok

Fantastic news mate, thanks for your efforts

Looks awesome! Can't wait to build it!

Why not just mail Chassis out now..? That way we can get started...Faceplate is the last thing that can go on anyway!
Thanks!
Let us know.....

Phrazemaster

Why not just mail Chassis out now..? That way we can get started...Faceplate is the last thing that can go on anyway!
Thanks!
Let us know.....
Well you can see why not - shipping cost twice as much! Plus twice the hassle...
** * Kablooie!

JessJackson

LET ME IN ON THIS!!! :)

rainton

Well you can see why not - shipping cost twice as much! Plus twice the hassle...

Exactly ;)

I know it must be kinda hard to wait for so long, but believe me I'm on it :)

I just received word that the new faceplates are on the way here, so if nothing else goes wrong the first kits will finally ship next week. In the meantime I'm finishing up the turret boards and pcbs - I attached some pics.
Gentlemen - these are all handmade pcbs. Credits go out to fellow forum member livingnote who did an amazing job! I'm adding the fork turrets as we speak.

Beautiful work!...Stoked..this will be fun!!!!

moltenwok

Hi team, got 4 sets of hayseed can caps today~really hoping that c9a, b is gonna fit that pcb, looks like a tag has got to go... and maybe slim down the 2 copper tags.... Cheers